Take Action

I don't usually drink when I feel depressed. I try to avoid alcohol as much as possible. Today I finished a bottle of champagne I'd planned on saving for New Years by myself. My conscience told me not to but I did anyways.

Ella found me drunk. At the time I had no idea that she was in my apartment. When I heard her voice I started crying uncontrollably.

"Forgive me, Ella," I begged through sobs, holding her close to me. "You- you shouldn't have to see me like this."

"Oh, Sam, it's okay," She let me rest my head on her lap and cry. As I sobbed, she played with my hair. "Everything's all right."

As I cried she pulled out her phone and called someone. As I listened in on her conversation I discovered that she was speaking to Javin. Just as she was about to ask him to come over I grabbed the phone from her.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine." I said before Ella retrieved the phone from me.

"She's out of it... Yeah, she's definitely drunk. There's an empty champagne bottle next to the couch. I don't know what to do... I'll try that... No, you stay put. We'll be over in a while. Love you." Ella ended the call quickly. I could feel her body tense up as she thought of what to do.

"I just need to rest-"

"You need to get the alcohol out of your system," She gently helped me up, slid her arms under mine and lifted me to my feet. With the back of my hands I wiped away the tears and burped. "You feel nauseous?"

"A little," That's when I tasted something sour and acidic come up my throat. Grabbing onto Ella's arms for support, I stood up taller. "I don't feel so good."

Quickly, Ella brought me to the bathroom and made me use the toilet. As soon as I tasted acid in my throat I bent down and vomited. Ella held my hair and softly patted my back as I let everything out. Not feeling the tears escape, I cried as I did. More then before... I really felt like crap.

"No more liquor for you," Ella stated as I flushed the toilet. I turned around and grabbed some toilet paper to wipe my face. Taking deep breathes in and out; I calmed myself down as I cleaned up. "I can't bear seeing you so wasted."

"I'm so sorry, Ella... I- I don't feel right."

"You look really pale," Ella touched my head and shook her head looking worried. "Your temperature's off, too. Let's get you to bed." She helped me up and brought me to my bedroom. Assisting me into bed, she helped me out of my clothes and under the sheets.

"Do you remember what was the last thing you ate?"

"Sesame chicken with brown rice... I didn't eat breakfast this morning." I snuggled under the blankets and sighed.

"Did the chicken taste funky?"

"If it did I wouldn't have eaten all of it." I answered, smiling to myself. Ella grunted and poked my arm in frustration.

"How do you feel? Any pain?"

"I don't know how I feel... I'm scared, Ella." I whispered, shuddering as I thought about what I'd seen. Though I don't know why I'm so frightened, I'm paranoid that something horrible is going to happen. Something that I can prevent...

"Aww, Sam, don't be scared. As long as I'm here you have nothing to worry about." Ella intertwined her fingers through mine, trying to comfort me. I feigned a smile and held her hand for a few seconds before letting go and speaking.

"I'm going to break up with Hunter." I randomly stated, running my hands through my hair. With wide eyes, Ella shifted herself to face me.

"Break up with Hunter? But you're mates... That's not possible."