From Another

It's hard to lie perfectly. Especially hard for me. It's not because I'm bad at lying. I'm a relatively good liar. Also, I can tell when someone's lying to me through body language and tone of voice. I simply find out by touching them and seeing the memories that are coursing through their mind. 

It's hard to lie perfectly because lies always find a way to bite you in the ass. They always come back to fulfill their plan of revenge. Always.

I never had a weakness like this before. Though, I must admit, I'm happy that only one person knows this. If this information slipped into the wrong hands, I'd be doomed.

Forever controlled by my flaw...

*****

Waking up, I slipped out of bed and stretched. Every morning and night I do yoga to relax my body. Because I work out all the time, it's extremely important for me to rest. If I don't, I get cramps. Not just cramps, but really intense pain that prevents me from dancing. If I can't dance, I can't work, and if I can't work, I can't afford to do anything. Literally. Anyways, after yoga I turned on my laptop to check my email and saw that I had received an email for a callback audition... Maybe that's why I feel so soar.

Since dinner last week with Hunter (whom I haven't spoken to since then) I've had a lot of cramps. My back and legs have been killing me. I've avoided taking pain pills and resorted to ice baths and lots of stretching, but nothing seems to work. Because of the pain I've had to cancel a few classes. Claire, being so nice to me, decided to give me the week off. She sounded so worried when as I explained my situation. She insisted I get bed rest and call her if I needed anything.

I checked my cellphone voicemail as I  did the laundry.

"You have one new message..." The voicemail lady instructed. Maybe it's Ella, I thought, she said she'd call to check in with me.

"Hey, Sam. Seems like such a long time since we've last spoken. Really sorry I haven't been around. I walked into Ella yesterday and she said that you aren't feeling well. Promise I'll drop by and see how you're feeling. I've gotta go. Love you." Hunter ended his message, the sound of his phone shutting and the call ending with a click.

I don't want him to see me like this, I fumed and tossed my cellphone on top of the washer. Quickly finishing up the laundry, I headed into the kitchen and ate some oatmeal with berries. Afterwards, I dressed into a tank top, a pair of loose sweatpants, slipped on a pair of cozy slippers, and a comfy robe. Not feeling like doing anything I decided to take a nap on the couch. Better then sitting in a bathtub full of ice. Within minutes, I was asleep.

*****

A loud series of knocks woke me up from my nap. At first I though someone broke into the apartment but then heard someone call for me from in the hallway.

"Samantha Wells? Ms. Wells?"

Sitting up, I shook my head to bring me to my senses and got up to answer the front door. A tall blonde woman in her twenties was standing outside with a vase of a variety of flowers and a long suitcase in the floor. Looked like it weighed a ton.

"Ms. Wells?" She asked with a smile.

"Yes, that's me."

"My name's Mindy. I'm here to deliver flowers and to provide you a private massage session." She offered me the flowers, which I took with curiosity to see who they were sent from. The little card dangling from a blue ribbon around the white vase said: Hope you feel better soon.

"A private massage session?"

"Yes, it's already been paid for. May I come in?" She asked as she picked up the long case from the floor.