An Emotional High

Samantha's POV

Walking into the café, I searched for Jessica and smiled, relieved to see she was already there. She waved for me to join her, pulling out a chair for me.

"Hey," She greeted, quickly hugging me. I sat down and placed my purse on my lap. My stomach was still in knots from last night. Ever since the fantasy my feelings have been on edge. My wolf is acting really weird, too. Pushing a cup of coffee towards me, I nodded and took it. "What's the matter?"

After sipping some coffee I placed the cup on the table and exhaled a deep breathe. "I had a dream."

"A dream? What... Was it a- No. That type of dream?" She asked, reading my mind. I nodded and she smirked.

"Well, what happened?" She scooted closer to me and lowered her voice.

"It was... Different." I admitted, the excitement building in my stomach. God, it feels so good to just let it out.

"Oh my god," She exclaimed happily, her eyes wide. "Tell me more."

"It started out weird. I arrived home from Ella's and wasn't feeling well. I started to drink some wine," I paused and thought of how to explain what happened without mentioning his name. "Then, this guy showed up and broke my door down."

"That's so hot," She interrupted, smiling like a fool. "Go on."

"One thing led to another and we... Um, did stuff."

"Sex?"

"No," I blushed, embarrassed that she'd think that. "It was more touchy feely." My body trembles whenever I think of how I felt. It was exciting and passionate.

"Oh... So what did the guy look like?" She asked casually.

"That's the thing," I paused, my cheeks flushing a bit. "He was someone I know." Biting my lip, I stared at my hands and back at Jessica who looked more excited than shocked.

"Really?" I nodded and watched Jessica's eyes light up. "What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know." I picked up my coffee and drank some. Jessica stared at me, her head tilted, a knowing look on her face.

"Who was it? Hunter? Jake?" I almost spit my coffee across the table.

"No," I practically laughed aloud and quickly gained my composure. I leaned closer to her and motioned for her to do the same. After she did, I said, "I've got to go." Quickly rising to my feet, I patted her on the shoulder and made my way out. Jessica nodded her head in frustration and waved goodbye as she sipped her coffee.

It's a good thing I didn't tell her about Joe because then I'd have to explain his relationship to Ella. That would not be easy. Besides, I rather be safe than sorry. If Ella found out that I had some feelings for Joe I don't know how she'd take it.

Ella's P.O.V.

Javin had left for a meeting with Jake about his encounter with Hunter an hour ago. Alec and John were at work while Henry was visiting one of his friends to go fishing. I thought Derek was at work when I heard the television switch on. I knew it had to be him because he's the only one who watches food network when he's bored.

"Derek?" I called out his name as I rose from my bed.

"Yeah?" He asked, his voice higher than usual. He sounded worried.

"I thought you were at work," I took my time walking down the hallway, careful for the baby. When I reached the end of the hallway, I stood in place and stared at Derek. He never changes. He still looks as handsome as I did the first day I met him. "What are you doing home?"