What's Felt and Silent

Hunter showed up at my apartment yesterday night. Course I didn't let him in. I was heading to bed at the time. He slipped a note underneath my door. I found it this morning.

*****

 "What's this?" I bent down and picked up a cream envelope from the floor. On it was my name written in simple script. I stood back up and fiddled with the envelope, turning it over and examining it. 

 "At least it's not a text message." I said aloud to myself. I walked to the kitchen and tossed the envelop onto the island. I poured some hot water into a mug and dropped in a bag of green tea. Scooping some granola into a bowl and pouring some milk over the top, I stuffed a spoonful of granola into my mouth. After finishing my tea and granola I decided to open the envelope.

Samantha,

You were absolutely right. Everything you said at the restaurant was true. I apologize for being such an ass. Can we start over?

Hunter

"Start over?" I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I am starting miss him... The next full moon is exactly a week from today. It'd be nice to reconnect with Hunter so we could shift together. My wolf, however, is starting to reject him. Whenever I think about him I feel angry and want to scream. I don't know what to think anymore...

I threw the envelope and letter out before before heading to the bathroom to wash up. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth, then dressed up for work. I heard my cellphone ring and rushed to pick it up, thinking that it was a phone call. When I picked it up I realized it was text message from Javin.

Can you head to Moonstruck today?

Sure, what time? I messaged back. Not even a few seconds later Javin replied back.

Now. 

Now?! But I have class in less than an hour... I promised, though.

I'll head right over. I texted quickly as I grabbed my purse and rushed out of my apartment. I ran as quickly as I could down the stairs. Managing to slip on some shades before heading out the first floor door, I prepared myself for the strong morning sun.

Speed walking to my car, I rushed in and drove to Moonstruck. Not to look so suspicious, I parked a block away from the edge of town. I didn't hear or see anyone around. Pretty odd. What isn't in this town?

*****

Jake was waiting outside Moonstruck for me. A smile lit his face when he saw me.

Though I don't like Jake, I deal with him because I feel bad. It's not that he's a bad guy, but that he has a guilty conscience. If he just admitted what he did was wrong, my grudge against him would end. I don't know if that will ever happen.

"Long time no see," Jake greeted, looking over me. "Prettier by the minute."

"Good to see you too, Jake. So, where's everyone?"

"Off. Pushed back an hour so you could come and do your thing. You have less then 45 minutes to investigate."

"Well, then let's get to work."

*****

Lia's office is dark, decorated with wood furniture and elegantly preserves the style of the 1920's, the roaring twenties. The smell of blood, thick in the air, made me sick.

"Revolting," I scoffed as I walked around the room. I made sure to not step on the carpet because dirt from my shoes might be left behind and give away that I someone (me) was here. "Smells like a morgue in here." Jake followed a few feet behind.