Part 7

"Camila wait!"

Dinah's voice. Camila turned her head quickly, and upon seeing only Dinah was the only one in the stairwell with her, stopped in her tracks. The smaller girl wearily turned towards Dinah, knowing exactly what Dinah was about her and thinking through her answer in the silence before Dinah spoke. Mentally cataloguing how the argument and break up with Austin would go -- how long till she could pack up, reasons she left.

"Will you slow down some? I'd just like to walk you out."

Baffled, Camila nods wondering where the hell Lauren was.

Normani and Lauren were quickly left alone in the midst of the chaos. Austin was with his friends, shedding tears and babbling about how it could've happened, what he may have done wrong. Lauren was starring at Normani like she was a stranger, completely oblivious to the connection they shared. Or at least, the connection Normani thought they shared.

"You- you don't remember me?" She asked in bewilderment.

"Should I?" Lauren retorted. "You sort of look familiar I guess. Like a dream, or a model." She shrugged carelessly.

Normani nods, her mind going a million miles an hour. "Thanks," she replies, not knowing what else to say.

"Can I have your name?" Lauren asks, pulling out her phone, "and your number as well?"

At first Normani just stares at Lauren. She seems, off. Definitely different and more awkward maybe. "I'm Normani, and yes you can have my number."

She breathes out of her nose quietly as she types in the number, willing herself to appear casual.

"Thanks gorgeous," Lauren grins and shoots her a wink. Her face falls and she begins rubbing at her arm, grimacing before turning and abruptly walking away, ending the conversation.

The pale skinned woman shucks off her suit jacket and takes off down the stairs, hearing the silent fall of footsteps. She had caught Austin getting into the elevator so she assumed Camila was still in the stairwell.

Her assumption was proven correct when she found Camila and Dinah on the 92 floor, making their way slowly down the stairs. Dinah was talking about something and Camila was watching her feet step down the stairs as if it was the most fascinating act she had ever seen.

"Camz!"

"Lauren?" Dinah and Camila simultaneously replied, both looking utterly dumbfounded.

"I thought we were going to walk together?" Lauren said, looking at Camila and ignoring the stranger walking with her.

Camila nods absentmindedly, beginning to walk again as Lauren jogs to catch up.

"Its good to see you Lauren." The stranger smiles, but her eyes are questioning. Lauren feels the heavy gaze of those brown orbs tenfold.

The smallest of the three looks alarmed, stopping quickly and turning to the stranger. "I am so sorry I forgot to tell you, Lauren was in an accident a while ago. The result was permanent amnesia. She doesn't remember you."

Her beautiful face is overtaken by a look of horror and fear. Lauren puzzles as to why this stranger would be afraid. Clearly she looks mean but her actions should suggest she is anything but. Since the accident which took away two years of her life, Lauren decided she needed a change. Camila was ever present helping Lauren out of tough situations.

The pale brunette reflected silently on her conundrum while the gorgeous woman finally revealed her name. "I'm Dinah by the way. I used to know you. Did you by any chance run into Normani? Dark skin, maybe an inch or two shorter than me?"

"I did," Lauren replies, whistling loudly, "She is absolutely breathtaking. I would definitely have sex with her. Those legs? She'd be fantastic in bed." Lauren smirks at Dinah, "Although you aren't bad yourself."

Dinah looks completely put off at the idea of having sex with Lauren which hurts a bit. Lauren is quite aware of how beautiful she is, with her dazzling green eyes and dark hair. Maybe Dinah isn't gay, but she sort of gives off that vibe. Lauren sees the way she looks and questions it briefly before dismissing the thought. Dinah may be gorgeous but she was definitely gay. Or at least into girls.

"I'm flattered," Dinah says hesitantly, "but I'm not interested."

"Why not?" Lauren asks with what she hopes is a casual tone.

"I don't know if it's worth it Dinah," Camila whispers from in between them. "A lot of damage was done."

"Are you trying to say they won't work anymore? They're soulmates Camila." Dinah protests.

"Soulmates aren't even real. Besides you claimed not to believe in all that."

"Maybe I don't believe in soulmates, but don't you think some people just work together? Haven't you ever been drawn to someone in a way you can't explain? That feeling makes you yearn to be in their presence and you wonder whether or not anyone will listen to the chaos of this feeling." Dinah pauses, "Haven't you ever felt that way?"

Yes, Camila wants to scream. She felt that way with Dinah, long ago on the island when she thought her and Lauren were perfect. Until Dinah came along and Normani and Lauren seemed to collide more than combine. Lauren and Camila were perfect, and its taken Camila until her wedding day to realize perfect doesn't make a good relationship. To finally realize why Lauren broke up with her.

Even now all Camila wants is to bury her face in Dinah's neck and inhale her scent. Wishing with everything she had in her that Dinah would take her back. Wouldn't think her insane for falling back in love with just one look. It was crazy and stupid and irresponsible. Maybe thats what made love love.

Instead of speaking Camila continues walking down the stairs, growing tired and wishing nothing more than to go back home.

Home, where was that now? Because it certainly wasn't with Austin anymore. Camila considered asking Lauren to stay at her place but quickly considers how many one night stands Lauren has and banishes that thought.

"Dinah," Camila starts after some time in silence, "could I maybe stay with you a night or two?"

The tall girls nods without hesitation, holding out her hand and hitting the elevator button on the 78th floor. "Let's go, everyone should have cleared out by now."

Camila and Lauren get into the elevator first, Dinah lagging when her phone chimes.

Normani: I'm at a bar, pick me up in an hour please.

Normani: On second thought nevermind. I won't be coming back tonight.