Part 5

Camila likes to believe she has made a lot of friends. That she has built herself the best possible life. While it is true she made friends and a great life, she can't help but feel like something is missing. Or that it could be better. Not to dismiss the fact that there are those who have it way worse than herself. Sometimes she just wishes she didn't throw away everything she had with Dinah.

Austin was supposed to be preparing for his bachelor party. Camila was fairly certain her friends were planning a version of a bachelorette. She, however, was busy adjusting Austin's clothes because it was crucial that he be covered from his shoulders to his feet. Of course Austin's friends had informed Camila that what they were about to embark on would be messy and bad for exposed skin, typical guy stuff.

"Are you positive you are okay with this?" Austin asked for probably the tenth time in ten minutes.

Camila nods, rolling his sleeves further down and fixing the gloves. She swears he has no idea how to dress himself. It's a good thing she finds it stupidly endearing when he comes rushing into the room trying to find clothes after making impromptu plans. Usually his shirt ends up inside out and his shoes fail to match. Austin tended to throw clothes on, not bothering to make them look nice as long as he was dressed for the weather. Camila has personally tried to organize his sock drawer so that all the pairs were together but her fiancé had mismatched so many socks it was near impossible.

"You are all set." Camila announces, stealing a kiss before guiding him to the door. It was only one in the afternoon but Austin had a long drive ahead of him. His friends had been waiting for at least ten minutes in a car outside.

"Now don't have too much fun." Camila warns, "I don't need to be getting calls from police stations telling me my fiancé was arrested."

"Fiancé," Austin repeats in a daze. His smile screams love and Camila can't deny it makes her heart stutter. She also can't deny that the smile would look breathtaking on a certain Polynesian beauty.

"I'll see you around midnight!" Camila calls to him as he leaves. She sighs, shutting the door before flopping on their couch.

Only five minutes later does the knock at her door come. Camila groans, checking the time and wondering who it could be. Maybe Austin forget his keys or phone.

"Hi," Normani states nervously when Camila opens the door.

"Hey," Camila breathes, smiling lightly when the dark skinned girl twists her fingers in a somewhat violent matter to suppress her fearful shaking.

"Dinah and I were wondering if you were up for a little trip to a new dinner place around here and then to a stargazing spot." Normani blurts out.

About five minutes earlier Normani had been sitting in the car with Dinah in the quietest argument ever.

"Is it wrong that it still hurts?" Dinah's voice is a near whisper. In the months of the aftermath of the island, Normani and Dinah had become closer than ever before. Normani had learned to appreciate Dinah in a way the taller girl had never experienced. She listened more, became a rock for the other girl, and was quick to soothe her insecurities in the way only a best friend could manage.

Dinah, on the other hand, learned to talk more. Normani would talk forever about the stories in her head, often looking to Dinah for opinions or comments to add into the story. She looked to Dinah like she was the sun, blindingly bright but comforting in her warm presence.

"I don't know." Normani honestly answers. "I mean, you both went through a horrid time. We all did. You lost your mind, she lost hers, and in the end you never came back to each other."

"There's always been something unfinished." Dinah agrees, allowing their thoughts to connect together.

"She is supposed to be having her bachelorette party tonight." Normani rolls her eyes. "The invite listed a bunch of refined events that sounded like a snooze fest."

Dinah laughs in agreement. "I know, but are you sure we should be doing this?"

Normani shrugs, her thoughts far away. Yes, it was her call to drag Camila away instead of allowing her "friends" to take her to a whine testing. What kind of friends would take the bride-to-be to a whine tasting of all things?

"I'm not sure." Normani basically whispers.

"But we're going to do it anyway, aren't we?"

Thats how Camila found herself staring up at the stars, lying on the softest blanket she had ever felt, surrounded by the smell of grass. Normani was laying on Camila's right side, sleeping soundly. Dinah was laying on her back with one arm crossed over her stomach and the over pointing at the sky as she traced the stars.

"The sky is so beautiful." Camila says softly. "Nature is so beautiful." She corrects.

Dinah nods although Camila doesn't notice, too wrapped up in soaking up this moment. It is currently sometime around two in the morning. Dinner was long and delicious, Normani's taste in food proving to be exquisite. It wasn't exactly flashy but it had an elegant, calm atmosphere. Throughout the dinner Camila found herself thoroughly entertained by Dinah and Normani's stories of their travels.

It came to a close way too soon, ending with the tale of Camila's almost-bachelorette party. The small brunette was silently thankful Normani had the grace to rescue her, even more thankful that Dinah accompanied her.

Dinah and Normani were both dressed casually but Camila fondly remembers loving Dinah's casual clothes. The taller girl looked stunning in anything though, especially jean shorts. Her legs were long and thick, her body full instead of skinny like Camila's own. There were moments when Camila wished she worked out more, hoping to look less like a few twigs.

"Earth to Camila?" Dinah raised her voice slightly, doing her best not to startle Normani.

"Sorry, did you say something?" Camila asked.

Dinah chuckled lightly and oh god how Camila missed that sound. "I just asked when you wanted to leave."

"Maybe in a couple of minutes." Camila replied, inhaling the fresh air greedily. "It's such a beautiful night."

"I feel like beautiful is insulting." Dinah's eyes roamed the sky, taking in the vast unknown. "It's so much more."

"I've missed you two." Camila blurts.

"Me too." Dinah quietly admits after a moment. Silence captures them once again and Camila finds herself missing the sound of Dinah's voice. Stupid, she mentally berates herself, stupid. Camila will be getting married. Tomorrow. She shouldn't be thinking about Dinah. She shouldn't even be here with Dinah.

But she doesn't regret it.

A sudden vibration interrupts the silence. Normani jerks awake with a curse. Rubbing her eyes before hoping up. "We need to get back. A good sleep is in order for tomorrow." She declares.

Dinah follows in suit, folding up the blanket. "You coming Camila?"

"Coming!" Camila says, hurrying to catch up. She exits out of the message quickly.

Lauren: I'll be at the wedding. Maybe a little late though, sorry