@SummerSurfs

Interview Response:

"My name is Summer, username SummerSurfs . It would be nearly impossible for me to choose just one song as my favorite, so I would have to say my favorite artist is Bad Suns. My favorite authors are the great minds behind the classics--people like Jane Austen, Emily Bronte, J.R.R. Tolkien, and C.S. Lewis.

I have grown up in a Christian family, and I came to accept Christ as my Savior when I was six years old. However, I never really committed myself fully to Christ until just a few years ago. Since then--getting rid of trashy books, music, influences, plus dedicating myself to applying the Bible to my life--God has truly blessed me. He has brought many trials into my life in these past few years, but that only shows that He is providing catalysts for spiritual growth. My favorite Bible verse is Psalm 73:25: "Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

For a long time, Wattpad was a source of temptation for me, and I ended up in a very spiritually dry place because of it. But after a long hiatus after deleting my account, I created a new one and set out to write clean stories reflecting my faith in God. I have a surfing series on Wattpad, featuring Can't Get Enough and its sequel, Caught Inside. These are entirely God-focused and based on the normal struggles of faith in teens today. I have two other novels posted on Wattpad, but they are explicitly Christian--just clean and free from coarse language and humor.

As you may have guessed, my passion in life is to surf, and I hope someday to be able to blend that with my love for God--as I try to do with my writing!"