☾ galra!keith ☽ welcome home

the setting is earth, after voltron

Everything was so surreal. You had just welcomed Keith into your home and you still thought your mind was playing tricks on you. But how could your mind fake the touch of his hand on your arm, or the softness of his voice that you had always longed to hear. It was all too real. His voice filled your mind as pure ecstasy flooded over you. He was back and that was all that mattered.

Yet, as the seconds ticked by and the more you thought about it, the more you felt yourself bubbling with anger.

"You just left," you interrupted out of the blue, your voice barely above a whisper. "You left and then there was nothing." Keith's expression dropped. "No one knew what had happened to you; you and the others were pronounced dead."

"[y/n], I-," Keith started. He hadn't expected this. He didn't want this. He wanted things to go right, just for once. He wanted you to say that you forgive him and that he can finally continue living his life, living it with you, away from danger.

"No," you shook your head, tears forming in your eyes. "Do you know how worried I was?" Your voice was louder, more powerful. "The others, they all had families who were sobbing, heartbroken over their children's sudden disappearances. And you- you always acted the same damn way; that no one cared about you, that you had no family to worry about or hold you down. Well your wrong." Tears began falling onto your cheeks. "Dead wrong. While you were gone, I was stuck here, an anxious, worried mess day and day again."

"[y/n]," Keith cut in. "You act like I didn't care. I did, we all did. We were thrown across the galaxy, we didn't plan for this!" Keith felt the anger in himself rising. There were too many emotions running wild within him; he couldn't keep it together. "We all wanted to come home-," with each word, another patch of his skin turned purple, "I wanted to come home-," his ears began to change; you watched in horror, "come home to you." His narrowed eyes began to glow.

"Oh my God," you murmured, your hand coming up to cover your mouth. Tears still fell from your wide, terrified eyes as you struggled to comprehend what you saw. Keith paused, eyeing you with worry. His eyes widened as his hands flew in front of his face, confirming his fear.

"I- uh- I," Keith stuttered, waving his hands, "I can explain."

"You can explain?" you snapped. "There is nothing to explain; you're one of them. What was the news calling them; Galra?" Face contorted with disgust, you shook your head. "Do you know what they have done? How much of Earth has been destroyed by them?"

"[y/n], of course I know!" he pleaded. "I was one apart of the fight; taking them down! I am the reason why Earth is still here!" His voice was desperate.

"No," you shook your head, in a state of disbelief. "You're- you're Galra. Just look at you. You're a monster," you spat.

"[y/n]," Keith pleaded, his voice shaking. His world was crashing down around him, just as he had gotten it back.

You pointed to the door, a scowl on your face. "Don't ever come here again, don't ever call here again. I don't want to see your filthy Galra face ever again."

Keith desperately wanted to find something to say. Something, anything to fix this mess. But there was nothing to say. And there was nothing to do but leave. He didn't wish to anger you further.

Hanging his head in shame, Keith lumbered out of your home, wondering if he would've been better off in space, remaining a forgotten mystery to Earth.