Chapter 25

Dylan

Things between Katherine and I have been tensed the past couple of days. At night we would sleep, wrapped in each other's arms, but during the day, before I leave for work, we said little to each other.

I hate it. But damn it! There's some twisted, sick, fucker from her past that is after her and the fact that I don't know much about her past is killing me. And she didn't tell me about it. Every time I think of what could have happened to her, it fucking terrifies me.

How can I protect her when I don't know that she's in danger? And now that I know, how will be able to protect her, if I don't know who I'm protecting her from?

Why can't she trust me enough to tell me the truth.

I ran my hands through my hair.

She's out with Jasmine right now and I just wished she was here to put me out of my misery by telling me the truth.

I reached over the night stand and accidentally knocked over Katherine's notebook.

Damn it.

I pushed off the bed to collect her notebook when papers and envelopes fell out of it.

I quickly collected the papers when somethinf caught my eye.

I picked up the card.

It was ripped, but was taped back together.

I frowned.

To my Love it said at the front of the card.

Realization hit me like a bolt of lightning.

This is from that sick fuck.

Anger cursed through me.

She lied. Again.

I opened the card and read what it says

We will be together again soon.

I love you, Katya

Fury and confusion hit me all at once.

Katya?

Who the...?

Understanding dawned on me.

Katherine. She's Katya. That was probably her name before she entered WITSEC.

Who the hell is this man?

Why did she lie about not having the card?

What really happened to her in the past? Why is she so afraid of telling me learning about her past?

All this questions and fear is eating away at me.

Damn it, Katherine! Why can't you just trust me!

Katherine

"Don't you think it's time to tell him the truth?" Jasmine asked. "Kat, there's someone out there who's threatening your safety. You need to tell Dylan everything. You need to tell the police everything," she said.

"And what? Ruin his life?"

"Kat, why do you think like that?"