Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Forty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. So, do you agree with me?"

"I'm not sure." I hesitated. "To be honest, I've been doing a lot of self-talk lately, and by self-talk I mean thinking to myself in my head whether or not if I should still stick to Drew."

"That's good." She beamed. "Uh...how long have you two been together?"

"Nearly two months."

"That's not too long." She said to herself. "Listen, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but you should really just dump him."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, just dump him right in his freaking face and show him that he doesn't have the advantage to every girl he dates. He needs a wake up call and you are the right person to do that." she said seriously.

"You really hate him."

"Yes, as a matter of fact I do." She nodded. "Why did you even dated him, anyway?"

"I have my own reasons, though." I said calmly.

"Could you...maybe share them with me?" she asked, trying her best not to plead. She knows that I'll never tell her if she pleads. Man, she's good.

"Okay..." I bit my lip. "Let's take this conversation elsewhere, shall we?"

* * *

Zoey just couldn't shut up when we finally left school. Well, all I ever said was 'let's take this conversation elsewhere' and now she's assuming that the reason why I said that was because I don't like Drew anymore and doesn't want him to eavesdrop. Okay, first of all, I still like Drew and second, I don't care if Drew eavesdrops and Drew is probably not smart enough to do that. He'd probably pop up and say hi.

"Shut up Zoey, it's my turn to talk." I frowned. "Unless you don't wanna know, I might as well walk away-"

"Okay, okay, you can talk." She added hastily. "Go on."

"Alright." I hesitated. "Well, so Drew and I have been dating for some time now, and honestly..."

"Honestly...?"

"Honestly, I don't feel anything." I frowned. "There isn't any 'spark', the kind that you and Cain have. There isn't any."

"Aw." She pouted.

"Drew's changed, you know? He wasn't like this when I first met him. Now he's like revealing his true self layer by layer, starting from alcohol to clubbing, and who knows what he does in pubs? Maybe he gets drunk and has a one night stand?"

"Oh, so you don't like him." She raised a brow. "Hey, Drew shouldn't even be considered. One night stands you say? What happens if he gets a girl pregnant?"

"I don't know. I don't know anything." I sighed. "And then Shane pops out..."

"Shane!" she gaped. "You mentioned Shane's name!"

"Uh...so?"

"You mentioned Shane's name right after the word 'and then', don't you know what that means?"

"What? What're you getting all excited about?"

"You said Drew, then you said Shane." She relented. "You didn't love Drew."

"What!"

"That's right, you heard me. You never loved Drew. You love Shane!" she screamed and I nearly slapped her.

"Oh gosh, shut up we're in public!" I snapped. "And what on earth gave you that idea?!"

"No, no, don't shut me; I'm coming to a conclusion here, your conclusion." She said firmly. "You didn't date Drew because you love him, not that you do, you just dated him because you're afraid of losing chances, am I right?"

"Ugh, whatever." I groaned. "Yes, that's one of the reasons. I can't just turn him down; he's the only guy who'd actually confessed to me! How often does that happen?"

"Well, what happens if you date the guy who you don't love? Isn't that worse than losing chances?" she twitched. "You belong with Shane."

"No."

"Yes."

"NO."

"YES."

"NO!"

"YES!" she screamed. "Just admit it already!"

"NO!" I snapped and swiveled around. "You've lost me, Zoe. I'm leaving."

"Oh fine, if you wanna be that stubborn just go ahead." She folded her arms crossly. "But I'm telling you, Drew isn't the right one, he'll get someone hurt. We'll see how you'll decide." She muttered and walked away. Oh, what a way to end a harmless conversation.

We walked opposite directions and I feel my head spinning rapidly, and it doesn't feel nice at all. Stupid relationships. When they're good, your life is perfect; when they're bad, your life is ruined. It's just one way or another, isn't it?

I wish there was another option.

Sadly, love isn't that great, and neither is life.