I gaped at him. How could he say that...in front of Ashton?!

"That's none of your business," I spat.

"What? It seems like you really like him. Why make the guy wait? He's been following you around like a puppy for quite long," he said as if we were talking about the weather.

I glared at him.

"Am I missing something guys?" Ashton asked in confusion.

I tensed.

Did he know?

Was it possible to tell you kissed someone or rather that someone kissed you by just watching them talk?

Asher opened his mouth to say something, a glint in his eyes. I knew he was going to tell Ashton. I couldn't let that happen so I cut him off before he could utter a word.

"Nope. Nothing. Nothing happened," I said ending my words with a nervous laugh.

Ashton raised his eyebrows and nodded slowly. And I couldn't be more glad that he didn't say anything about it.

"Oh Calla's sleeping," I said in an attempt to change the topic from danger zone.

Asher looked down at her. He hadn't realized that she had fallen asleep.

Just then Linda entered the room. Her eyes went straight to the sleeping girl and a warm smile overtook her features.

"I'll put her to bed," she said coming over to Asher and taking Calla from him.

"Thanks mom," Asher said, sounding grateful.

"She's so beautiful," Linda said looking at her sleeping form. "When are they coming to take her back?"

"Tomorrow," Asher answered leaning on the back of the couch.

"Oh. I'll miss her," Linda said, her shoulders slumping just a little.

"Who's gonna come to take her?" I asked. I knew I was being nosy and all but I was a curious being.

"Her guardian," Linda answered.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why would she need a guardian when-"

"Ow! Mom!" Ashton spoke up suddenly and urgently, cutting me off. Linda and I looked at him.

"Yes?"

He looked pained and was standing weirdly on one foot, holding the other up as if it was hurt.

"Um... I need to show you something. Come with me," he took her arm and lead her out the room. But not before sending Asher a deadly look. Asher smirked.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"That was Ashton being needy," he said.

I didn't believe him but I didn't question it.

"You guys are weird," I said.

"Weird people are cool," he shrugged one shoulder.

It was silent then and I started getting uncomfortable under his intense stare. He was still leaning on the back of the couch and I was standing lamely in front of him, holding Calla's and my drawings.

"What?" I asked when I couldn't take it anymore.

"What?" he repeated, still studying me.

"Why are you staring at me?" I elaborated.

He didn't even have the decency to deny it. He just shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and made a move to leave.