Birds have same feather Fall for each other... wait! (2) | York x Reader

Is he fucking serious?!

Brows arched and mouth agape. You stare at him like he declare that Trump won. Because its fucking rediculous.

Its unbelievable. Like seriously, a person who would like to die won't be smiling and feeling sheepish and shit.

This guy, York, is looking down at you with embarrassed smirk.

You exhaled slowly "What the actual fuck?" You said, almost like a whisper.

"Well- I don't want to ruin your night so I'm sorwhreh" you interupted him by pressing your index finger to his lips.

"No no no" you shook your head.

"Its just how the fuck you are cheery and shit to this situation?" Your head tilts to the right.

He inhaled and exhale. "Well there's this redhead that dump me in front of her colleuges and-" he took a deep breath and his forehead creases before speaking again "-and she said some hard stuff. I thought we had something, and then I just realized I'm the only one who's thinking about that."

You feel like you need to speak to comfort him but "Oh" is the only thing you utter. You watch his features again, this poor guy hoped for nothing.

His eyes glimmer, he's gonna cry. You think, maybe.

You extended your arm and rub his shoulder down to his arm up and down, to comfort him.

"That sucks, but you know what?" His face perks up and look at you.

"What?"

"I was dumped too" you laugh but obviously its because of embarrassment. You didn't even tknow this guy up until he chose to grip the ledge anyways.

He frowns "What a rude thing to do to a lovely lady"

"Pfft. Shut up" you slap his arm.

"That's true" he laughs delightfully. He seems that he cheered up.

------------------------------------------------------

Glasses clank when you and York collide your drinks.

"Toast for us, that made our crush, love whatever... feel like shit" York sips his whiskey and you sips your bloody mary.

"Yeah. To hell with them" you said after wiping some residue of alcohol on your top lip

"Hey by the way, when you described that Carolina chick she sounds like an Ice Queen" you shifted your body on the couch so you're facing him.

He took a gulp "Eyuuup" he pops the 'p' "I just realized she's like that for the whole time, when it was over"

You tilted your head in confusion. "Over? You said you just confessed to her" he said it along the way here to the bar, while his adrenalin is wearing off.

He poke you in middle of your brows "No dummy, I mean when she shot me down. That's really bitchy, but hey she don't like me I won't press it" York tries to be optimistic and convincing, but it didn't work. He's still carying some burdening feelings, possibly from all of that drastic event.

When he said that Carolina is bitchy all the time you wonder, how did he even stand that?

The quenstions is itching you. You want to speak. You want to ask, but you barely know him.

"But how can you know him without asking?" Clever idea pops up.

You open your mouth to ask something, but stop.

You don't want to male him depress again.

"The crowd earlier is nice but you chose to be alone in a balcony?" He raise his brow and continue "That guy must be a real jerk" he brings the glass to his mouth and gulp some of that booze.

"Not really-"

"What not really?!" He scoffs. "You're eyes is red when I talk to you. Obviously almost gonna cry"

You shrink at his words. It's true, that you want to cry, but you're just fighting it. You want to prove that he (Wash) meant nothing after that. After that humiliation you felt.

Its been a long time since you start liking him and then he just turn you down. You look at your bloody mary and starts to play with it. Slowly swirling it like a wine.

You stop in a blink. You should stop this. This isn't gonna help. This is depressing. Not gonna help you to move on.

You mentally shake your head.

"Did I say something wrong?" York speak up and momentarily look at you. He looks lime cheking you if you catched some plague.

You whisper. "Yeah"

"It's just the thing you said." You drag a breath.

He raise his hands in defence. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to be jerk." You lolled your head to the couch and look at him and smile. "No you're not. You just laid out my situation, and yeah kinda pathetic" You gulp your bloody mary until the glass is empty. You felt a bit tipsy when you put your glass down.

"So how about that Carolina chick?" You lazily look at him.

He held an air and release it.

"Ugh I knew it. I'm a jerk. Oh no not this. Oh my god. Caroli-" he scratch his head. "Lets not it- its just painful"

Your brow arch. "My turn" you said in stern voice. You smirk at him.

"Man" He slouch and then look up.

"Okay fine"

He straighten himself and exhales, this is the sign he'll feel miserable about telling you this. His brows crease a bit.

You just look at him, watching if he's gonna say something bad, well it is bad, it's just why does it affect you?

Then realization hit you before you add more question to your first stupid one.

The guy's just survived his own suicide and ask you to get few drinks and practically named you two as the 'miserable-but-still-gorgeous duo'

You try to mutter then realize it won't work like that then you try it again, clearly this time.

"O-Oh okay you don't need to say it, I'm sorry too" your hands subconciously reach your scalp and scratch it.

"Really?" He asks trying to sound encouraging, but his body movements speaks louder this time. You see his muscles relaxes by earlier.

Well this is something terrible to take friendship into different level.

Not 'that' level though.

But really who are we kidding here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
IM BACK FINALLY I FOUND A BREAK ON READING LUNAR CHRONICLES.

I CANT WRITE THIS PART BEC MY MIND WONT LEAVE NEW BEIJING AND PRINCE- I MEAN EMPEROR KAI. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA I REALLY LOVE IT. I LOVE IT TO THE POINT IM DOING AVANCE BOOK BUYING SO I GET TO CONTINUE IMMEDIATELY