Chapter 5(Chandrani)

I cleansed myself as I tried to eradicate the thoughts of him from my mind and heart. But, when has your heart listened to flawless logic, it just wants stick it's head in the clouds.

With a sigh, I pulled out pitch black sari that resembled my mood and draped it on my body. After, adorning vermillion on my forehead and packed my dancing anklets in my bag, I left my house.

I willed myself towards the direction of Shiv ji's temple that stood with such simplicity yet, I knew deep within the, lustrous beauty of the temple which would shimmer at the behest of both the moon and the sun.

My eyes swiftly darted to Shiv ji's sanctum as soon as I set foot in the temple. Devotion and piety flooded through my restless mind, I headed to the sanctum that was brimming with such peace.

Tears streamed down my rosy pink cheeks yet, my lips rose to a divine smile when I saw the shivling in its grand splendour. I could sense the divine presence emanating from Lord Shiva himself.

I, clasped my hands and recited a mantra to invoke the presence of Shiv ji. "Oh Lord why do I keep getting this absurd dreams of this strange warrior, Who is he? Please Lord of servants, he who appeases his devotees through their harshest of times, provide me an answer and the strength to face the destiny that is webbed in a clueless mystery! ".

" Beti, Chandrani fret not for I am not going to riddle you with more riddles to this question you ask me daily, Your answers will come to you in due course just a matter of time and your answers lie within your question. ". Just like that the voice of Shiv ji's vanished into thin air.

The reply fizzled into my mind, manifesting into the form of questions that only time could answer.

With that puzzled mind I headed myself to the east wing of the temple where I taught the ancient art of, Lord Shiva that is sacred to our people and a art graced by mortals pursued for cultural reasons. My students welcomed me warmly as I entered the hall. The greeting halted my overflowing thoughts and brought me back to reality of teaching my students.

After, swiftly ending the lesson Shanta approached me, and kindly invited me to join on ammavasya(new moon prayer) at Nagamaa temple located at the next village from Shivpur where, I now reside currently.

I, smiled to myself and wondered how do I worship myself? I refused politely by citing I had plans on that day.But there was another crucial reason for not attending the prayer.