Both in Denial

Beginne am Anfang

The map took some time to load, but eventually it came up with one of my favourite places, Cadover Bridge? Why would they hide it there?

"What you doing?" Mason asked, slumping down beside me. I turned the laptop slightly so he could see what I was up to, his eyes widened, "Are you sure you want to find this?"

I nodded, "Before we go up to see that friend of yours." I mumbled.

"We have to leave for that in three days."

"Looks like we're going on a trip this afternoon." I grinned, printing out the sheet.

------------------

My paws slowly padded around the grass, my snout sniffing around for any type of scent. My friends were behind me, Jace, Leo, Lacey and Mason, helping to look for the gem that the Alpha had hidden. We were over ten miles away from home at Cadover Bridge, a forest or moors area with a lake going almost all the way through it.

'Wait' I heard Mason speak through the mindlink before he was jogging in front, his snout sniffing around. 'I remember this place'

'How?' I asked.

'You don't remember?' His wolf looked at me. I shook my head before he shifted. I did the same as he took my hand and lead me through the forest, going off the path slightly before we came to this small waterfall, with a ledge with a tree handing off the edge a bit, a rope attached to it.

*"Come on Rae!" the thirteen year old Alpha called from below. I looked down to see him and Leo already jumped and in the water, the Alpha flicking his hair as he smirked at me.

I took my jumper off, "Here I come!" I yelled. The adrenalin was going through my veins and I never felt more alive as the cool fresh water enclosed my body. It was tougher to swim in fresh water but soon my head was above the water and I cheered.*

"I remember" I laughed, running and sprinting, jumping straight into the fresh water, being as much as I remembered.

Mason chuckled and soon followed, taking off his jumper and soon his top came off. I gulped. I've seen his photo on Instagram shirtless but in real life is completely different. He jumped, cannonballing near me before his eyes appeared above water. I quickly swam to the other side, sitting up on the rocks. Mason smirked.

"I always knew I made you nervous." He whispered, moving towards me. I went to run and jump back in the water but he gripped my calf's, stopping me from moving. I couldn't stop my eyes trailing down his chest to his abs, but I quickly snapped my eyes back to his face, not wanting to make his ego any bigger. "See something you like?"

I ignored his question, watching his movements as I sat frozen. He knelt between my knees, his face being eyelevel with mine. His eyes flickered down to my lips. I subconsciously licked them, watching him leaning forward until they were only inches away. I closed my eyes slowly. This was going to be my first kiss, one with the jerk, the Alpha.

"HEY!" I heard my brothers voice making me snap my eyes open again and Mason growl.

"Get a room!" Jace laughed.

"I told you," I heard Lacey's voice, "Boy and girl both in denial."

I shook my head before moving away from his grip, leaving him knelling there on his own. I ran my hand through my hair. I was going to let him kiss me, what is wrong with me! I was going to let the jerk of the century kiss me!

"RAE LOOK OUT!" I heard a call from my best friend before I was violently shoved, my head smacking against a rock. I looked up, gripping my head, to see five rouges circling me. Growling, I quickly shifted, listening to Lacey and Jace's wolf jump down beside me, growling as well before we all went into full on attack mode.

I pounced at a black one, the largest. His lips peeled back, his furious canines showing. I covered up any mistakes in my stance before waiting his attack. He bolted forward, but I quickly sidestepped, only to have my side crashed into a tree behind me. The pain was too much for my wolf, so I shifted back. The anger in the wolf came over me, and I quickly ducked as his teeth came towards my face. While his back was turned, I leapt on his fur, trying to reach my way around his front legs.

He was shaking me until I tightened my grip, hearing a strong crack from below me, making the black wolf crumble and whine in pain. I broke his ribs, it kills werewolves slowly. Another wolf sprinted towards me, my senses picking it up before my eyes turned black, not a good side coming out in me. Stupid Nano Blood breed. The brown wolf growled, charging towards me until I gripped his snout, my claws lengthening into his flesh.

He whined, pushing me backwards, but my feet stuck to the ground. My eyes were tightly shut as I tried to control the beast inside, using my strength to push back, letting out a furious growl before I used my Nano Blood speed to put my arms around his neck, twisting and snapping it. The brown wolf fell limp next to the black one.

I looked up to find three rouges left, fighting against my pack members. A small but speedy wolf was attacking Mason, dragging its claws along his back. I snarled, sprinting towards my Alpha before knocking off the small tyke. He shook his head and growled at me, charging. I gripped his front paws as he leapt, throwing him over me, making him collide into a tree. Mason's figure suddenly stood behind me, blocking a wolf from attacking me. His growl was a protective one, one an Alpha should always have. His paw swiped against the white wolf's face, making him go in the water. Mason leapt, pouncing on him before he could move, ripping his throat out.

I looked to see Jace and Lacey fighting another wolf before my best friends both jumped on him, ripping his flesh from his body until the final breath was taken. Leo quickly finished off the wolf that was attacking him, slamming him against the rocks beside him.

"Well," Mason said, standing in human form, "That was a show."

"I know, they were tough" Jace muttered.

My eyes were still black, not an ounce of emotion in them. Mason came towards me, making me growl.

"Rae, its fine. Their gone, okay?" his arms wrapped around my waist as I collapsed from exhaustion in his strong hold.

"I-I'm fine" I mumbled, reaching to my forehead, hissing when the pain from the rock my hand landed on.

"No, you're not." Mason said, carrying me.

"Wait, what about the gem!" I quickly looked around.

"Here." Mason gave me a small green emerald, attached to a sliver chain. I curiously stared at it. "I got it when you started fighting the black one. It was hidden under a rock"

"Thank you." I mumbled, tiredness taking over from my black out. My body soon felt the pain and I became limp in Mason's arms, falling into darkness.