After the gifts, we walked into the kitchen for breakfast. The food was already cooked. I grabbed myself a plate. I grabbed some bacon, pancakes, and eggs. I also grabbed myself a cup and poured some orange juice into it.

I walked outside to the patio and sat down on one of the wooden chairs.

"Why are you out here by yourself?" My cousin, Faby, sat down on the chair beside me. She was only six.

"Everyone is all over the house." I started eating my food.

"Can I sit beside you?"

"Of course."

She smiled and started eating the muffin on her plate.

"So, Faby, how's school?" I turned to look at her, as I ate my food.

"So fun!"

I chuckled, remembering those days. When school was actually fun.

"That's good to hear."

"I want pancakes." She stood and walked away.

I finished eating and walked back inside.

"Ryan, what time are you going out?" my mom asked.

"Later."

"Alright."

####

I walked inside the bathroom and quickly showered. When I got out, I walked back into my bedroom and got dressed.

I wore denim jeans and a black T-shirt. I grabbed a black denim jacket and put it on as well. I put on my black and white Vans.

I grabbed my keys, wallet, and gift. I quickly put on my black beanie and headed down the stairs.

My mom was in the kitchen. She and my aunts were cooking.

"Mom," I spoke. "I'm heading out."

"Don't take too long. I'm expecting you to be back before dinner."

I nodded my head and turned on my heel.

I walked outside, got in my truck and drove. We were all going to meet up at Oakley park. It was a fifteen minute drive from my house to the park.

I was the first to arrive. I grabbed the present and walked up the grass hill. I sat down at the usual picnic table we sat at. I put my present in the center of the table. It was an average sized box, wrapped in gray metallic gift wrap. When we did secret Santa, we all used the same color or same style of gift wrap. Finn would usually buy two giant rolls of gift wrap, and we would all use it to wrap our gifts. That way we wouldn't know who brought what gift. We still kept it a surprise until we unwrapped all gifts.

I pulled down the beanie over my ears. It was cold out. Most Christmas' were average weather, but today was pretty chilly.

I noticed Finn and Roxy walk up the grass hill.

They each out their gifts on the table beside mine.

"Merry Christmas." I stood.

"Merry Christmas," Roxy spoke and hugged me. "I brought cookies." She placed the container on the table.

"Merry Christmas," Finn spoke and gave me a hug. He patted my back as did I.

"Man, it's cold," he spoke, sitting down.

I sat down beside Finn, and Roxy sat down, opposite of us.

"You can say that again," Roxy spoke, rubbing her hands together to warm herself up.