Chapter Fourteen

"Would you be interested in a party this Saturday?" Nat asks as she fills the seat next to me.

We've just finished rehearsal and I'm in the process of taking my character shoes off. Her question causes my shoulders to only shrug, indifferent to the idea of attending this sudden party she's proposing.

"It's at Louis' place. Apparently he's inviting other people from the music program and a few of the boys' other classes," Nat informs me.

"We're only a month and a half into school and they already know that many people?" I ask, finishing my shoes.

Nat laughs. "They're four quite attractive gents with English accents. Making friends wasn't exactly hard."

I nod, knowing that I can't argue with that statement.

"So will you come?" Nat asks hopefully.

"I don't know... I'm not much of a party person. Besides, I won't even know most of the people there."

"You'll know me and the boys," she pushes. "I'm sure Liam would be really excited if you came."

I sigh. I don't completely hate the idea of spending more time with Liam, especially because I haven't seen him much this week. They've all been spending a lot of their spare time with the college's music director in order to show him their already completed songs as well as write more. Besides random conversations in the hallway or exchanged smiles, Liam and I have been on two different planets.

"You won't leave me alone all night?" I ask her, my voice more serious.

"Nope. I'll be right by your side," she tells me.

"And you'll be willing to leave whenever I want to go?"

"Yes," she states with a smile.

"Okay," I finally say.

"Okay?" she asks.

"I'll go to the party."