Chapter Twelve

On Friday, Liam and I go on our second date to a bowling alley. I'm awful and result to putting the bumpers up. Liam isn't good or bad, and I enjoy watching the way he walks in his bowling shoes every time it's his turn.

We still don't share a kiss at the end of the night, but once again I'm a little relieved. This time I would have tasted like the pretzel bites we shared.

I should really start bringing along some gum on these dates.

Saturday brings another morning rehearsal for The Glass Menagerie where I, once again, fall victim to Nat's endless questions about Liam. My answers leave her giddy and leave me to just shake my head and prepare for my scenes.

When we finally leave rehearsal, we're met with warm weather waiting for us outside. The campus is quiet since no classes are being held.

"I'm feeling better and better about this show every time we leave rehearsal," Nat tells me as we take the sidewalk to the parking lot.

I nod. "Same here. I can't believe that everyone almost has all their lines memorized this early on. That never happens."

We share a small laugh in agreement before we hear a collection of voices coming from the parking lot. I realize that the voices belong to a group of boys and my stomach does a slight flip. The sensation brings a prickle to my skin as my eyes fix towards the source of the noise.

Sure enough, four boys stand there together. They're sharing smiles and laughs, appearing to be much more cheerful than the last time I saw them all together.

"Don't you four ever go home?" Nat calls out and my throat tightens from her sudden outburst.

Her comment causes all of the boys to now look in our direction and I feel much too visible under all of their gazes.

Especially under one specific set of eyes.

"I could ask you two the same question," Liam speaks up, his eyes dancing as they fall on me.

I can't help but give him a small smile as we stop right in front of them.

"No, but really. What are all of you doing here? I thought you didn't rehearse on weekends," Nat continues.

"We're just meeting up to go play some futball at the school's field," Louis informs us, tossing the ball in his hands.

"Oh, I didn't know you guys were into soccer," I say.

And just like that, Styles is already laughing.

"Soccer?" he asks, causing my eyes to shift over to him.

"Where we come it's called it's rightful name futball," he states, his arrogance evident in every word.

"Don't even start, Styles," Nat warns.

Styles offers another laugh, obviously not sorry about giving me a hard time once more.

"No, it's okay," I say, which pulls everyone's eyes towards me.

"He has obviously just forgotten that he's in America and in America we call it soccer."

Nat is trying to hid a smile now, but Styles doesn't notice. As I look over at him his eyes are already locked on me, raising a brow at me. However, there is still a small smirk on his lips as he doesn't say anything, but the weight of his eyes on me causes me to remain expressionless now. I just keep my eyes on his, waiting for him to make another smug comment.