Chapter Eleven

"Well, that was....something," Evan says after a moment.

            "Just Styles being Styles," Nat says with a small sigh.

            Just Styles being Styles? Does that come with purposely directing his hate and frustration towards me?

            "Glad I could be his punching bag," I mutter, adjusting the strap of my backpack.

            "Don't pay any attention to that," Nat tells me. "He's an ass and that's how asses react."

            Still I don't understand why I'm the one he chose to focus on amongst the crowd of bystanders. He has made me feel guilty when I wasn't the only one watching their debacle.

            The door opens to the rehearsal room and I watch as Liam, Niall, and Louis now exit with their own instruments and equipment.

            "Everything okay?" Nat asks as they get close.

            "You saw all that, huh?" Liam asks, looking at Nat and then me. I can see the apology in his eyes, mending some of my wounds from my third horrendous incident with Styles.

            "We did," Nat says. "What the hell happened?"

            Liam sighs. "We were just having a chat about our songs when things got a little out of hand. Styles felt like I was singling him out and then got upset enough to storm out."

            "Why did he feel targeted?" I'm the one to chime in this time, my own curiosity getting the best of me.

            "Well, Louis and I were showing him a song that we wrote the other day, and let's just say it wasn't our best work. Styles started criticizing us, and I mentioned that if he actually helped us out and wrote some songs then he wouldn't have to sit through our 'shit writing.'"

            I nod, understanding how this matches up with the conversation we just overheard.

            "Don't get me wrong. The guy has written three or four really great songs, all of which we're using and finalizing in rehearsal. But we would appreciate if he would help out some more. I think he thought I was calling him lazy and insisting he's not doing his part," Liam says.

            "Why hasn't he been writing?" I ask.

            "Lost his muse," Niall says. "It happens."

            Liam turns to look at the blonde, raising a brow. "He should still be helping out."

            "I know, mate. I'm just saying that there's maybe more to it all then he's letting off. Writing isn't exactly easy when you have nothing to motivate you," Niall says.

            "So you write a few shit songs and eventually get a good one," Louis says. "He needs to get over it."

            The conversation is soon dropped and we begin to go our separate ways.

            However, Liam makes sure to ask me if my Friday evening is open and we schedule our second date right their in the hallway.

            "Date number two," Nat says excitedly. "I wonder where he'll take you."

            "I don't have a single clue," I say.

            But I can't even think about my date scheduled at the end of the week, or the way my skin slightly tickled when Liam brushed my arm with his hand.

            Because I'm thinking about Styles and what could have happened to his muse.