The sound of my back cracking after a few good months in a bed was awful. I was worried I just snapped my spine from just standing.

Kevin just stood in the room sorta awkwardly. It looked like he was afraid to touch me, like I would fall apart if he did.

Not saying that that isn't true.

Everyone around me knew exactly what he did to me. I could tell he was ashamed and embarrassed to be here even. The fact that he was standing around the people who were here for me when he broke me into a million pieces seemed to silence him. Not to mention, keep his distance from me.

I sighed when I made eye contact with him.

The doctor adjusted my crutches to me as my mom and Jordan held me steady. Kev remained silent and watching.

It's like we were still in this non-stop game. Him hurting me and me hurting him back. Every time he did something, I had to do it back. It's shaping both of us in a way.

It's shaping me to finally have the strength to stand after all these months in the hospital.

I looked at him and he smiled slightly at me, before looking at the ground.

I leaned on my crutches and began moving around.

"It works I guess," I laughed along with everyone else.

"Good. You'll have to start PT very soon, we will contact you for a date." The doctor smiled.

"PT? Wait Bethany has to get potty trained again??" Aurora asked looking around at all of us.

Everyone just stared at her and laughed at how slow she was.

"No haha. Its physical therapy." He responded.

"Yikes. Have fun with B."

•••••

After awhile at home, they removed my casts and though my physical therapy continued for another week, I could walk without crutches. I had to take it easy tho, considering my bones were still 'weak'.

I sat in my room contemplating all that happened to me. I thought about all I heard when I was in a coma, because all the rumors are true, you can hear everything. You just can't react. And it sucks.

As I sat in my room singing along to my radio, I saw Kev through the window.

I opened mine and said, "Hey."

He turned towards his window that was already open. "Ayeee." he walked and sat down on the floor in front of it, just like I was doing. "You're talking to me."

"I mean I had to eventually. I can't just go on and act like nothin happened between us." I said fumbling with my fingers.

He opened his mouth like he was about to say something then quickly closed it. "Do you wanna go for a walk with me?"

I thought about it for a second, then shook my head yes.

"I'll meet you outside." He said getting up and closes his window.

I did the same and headed downstairs to go outside. I grabbed my grey and white VS PinkPerfect zip hoodie limited edition and slid on my adidas slippers. It was getting pretty dark and I naturally expected we would be out late.

I stepped outside and saw him waiting at the end of my driveway: (picture of what he was wearing)

"Hey," I called out.

He looked up and smiled at me. "Thanks for coming thru."

"No problem."

We walked to the park down the street and were wondering the empty streets, the only light from the dull street lamps and shop lights in the distance.

"So I think we have some things to discuss." He said, lightly biting his lip and shoving his hands in his sweats pocket.

I nodded and looked at my feet, scared of what might be coming.

"I sorta want to start with sorry," he started. "I know that the whole car thing was my fault and-"

"Kev please shut the fuck up. That wasn't your fault. I deadass stood in the middle of the street. I had it coming." I laughed bitterly. "Don't blame it on yourself."

"Aight. I guess I should start with an explanation then."

I said nothing.

"I don't know what I was thinking." He said after a few seconds of silence. "I didn't wanna put you thru distance. I wanted to be happy living and I guess I wanted that for you too."

I nodded my head. All this gave me no happiness, only tears and hospital days.

"I can't describe the way I felt when I saw you alive. I was so happy. I'm in love with you, B. I always will be."

"Kev don't doubt for a second I don't love you." I said, stopping and messing with the dirt beneath with my feet.

"Then please, take me back. Please give me a chance. I need you." He stepped toward me and I flinched back. I had a memory of his bad boy ways and him scaring me badly. I remembered my fear and bravery towards him. But mostly fear and all the wronging he's done to me.

I took another step back.

"Bethany," he started before I interrupted.

"Don't." I said. I closed my eyes and tried to forget my reasoning behind why I was doing this. I tried forgetting the pain and my year streaked face every night and morning. I had to forget.

"Why the hell don't you trust me, Bethany? Why?" He shook his head and shouted. I flinched at his words.

"Give me a reason why I should."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Whoa Kevin actually has proper grammar in this story??! That's the first.

But YAy I updated 😛

Enjoy!

I'm writing the next chapter as you're reading this ;)

- Julie🙏