Chapter 21

Today was the day Kevin was coming home.

At least that's what I heard from my mom.

So what am I gonna do? Talk to him? Say hello? Ignore him? Yell at him?

Yeezus I have no idea.

How am I supposed to survive?

Jordan's been here for me this whole time Kevin has been gone. He often comforted me when I was feeling down.

But at the moment we are just friends. After Kevin I have no idea if I'll be able to handle another relationship.

I breathed in and out.

I'll be okay, I'll be okay.

•••••

The whole day I spent jittery and shaking. Jordan asked to hang out but I told him I was sick. I guess it's type true, I feel sick.

My stomach quenched over so often and my hands were shaking uncontrollably.

Oh Kev, always making me feel some typa way. Good or bad, always somethin.

I sighed as lightning flashed outside my window, followed by booming thunder. Next rain poured down on the roof so hard I could hear it clearly.

I sighed. Perfect night, am I right?

I laid in my bed and curled up underneath the sheets, shaking as if I was cold. I was wide awake.

I feel like I won't be able to settle if I don't see him.

I need to see Kevin.

I got up and and threw on some baggy sweats and a loose white v-neck t-shirt.

I ran downstairs and gasped as I walked outside.

The pounding rain hit my head hard, stinging it. The rain instantly drenched me head to toe and my hair fell in clumps onto my face.

I looked up at all the windows in Kevin's house. Off.

I sighed once more again and ran straight to his doorstep, grasping my chest. I was breathing heavily at his doorstep. Everything was so familiar.

It was almost like he never left in the first place. Even tho he did...

And it changed everything.

I clenched my fists over the sopping wet ends of my wet t-shirt and knocked.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

It was like they were mocking me.

I looked down at my feet, doubting that anyone was coming.

"Bethany?" I heard a voice cracked whisper.

I looked up to see Kevin. My mouth dropped at the sight of him. I didn't know what to say. Why am I here?

I reached up and touched his face. It was a little bit thinner. I slid my hand down to his neck. His eyes seemed like they were red from crying and the dark bags under his eyes from his lack of sleep. "Kev." I whispered.

I removed my hand and backed up. "What happened to us?" I questioned, tears in my eyes.

"B, I can't even explain." He said, tears coming into his eyes. "I missed you." He said stepping forward. I stepped back.

I shook my head. "How could you?" I said with my voice cracking. Tears were running down my face. I was standing back in the rain. I was so ashamed, so embarrassed of who I was. Standing in front of my ex-boyfriend, bawling my eyes out in the rain. I covered my eyes.

"B, I-"

"Call me Bethany." I muttered.

"Come inside Bethany. You're wet and cold." He said.

"Do you even know what you did to me? Don't suddenly start pretending you fucking care about me Kevin because that dumb trip you took proved you didn't!" I screamed crying harder. "Look at what you did!" I spread my arms out. "Look at what you did to me.." I whispered.

He watched me, tears falling down his face. He stepped closer to me and kissed me, despite him getting wet. He kissed me harder and more passionate than ever before. And I loved it, but I pulled away and pushed him off.

"I'm so fucking sorry." He mumbled.

(A/N: Remember from the beginning of the book?!)

"It's over. It's all over." I muttered before running across the street and away from him. I heard him call my name but I ignored it, attempting to brush the tears from my face, even tho the rain washed them away.

Before I knew it I was at Jordan's front door.

"Holy crap Bethany! What's going on?" He asked me.

At this moment, I don't know what I was doing or why I was pressing my lips to Jordan's abruptly and forcefully. He was quick to respond.

"Kevin is back." I said pulling back and sighing.

"Tell me about it." He said, pulling me onto the couch.

I told him everything.

"Thank you," I said hugging him. "I should get home."

He tried offering me a ride but I turned it down.

I walked out of his house feeling kinda better. Good thing our house weren't far from each other.

I was crossing the street when I saw Kevin sitting on the floor in his driveway, head in hands. Oh god.

I froze when he looked up at me.

I don't know what decided it was a good idea to freeze in the middle of the street, but I did.

The last thing I saw was Kevin's eyes widening and him screaming my name before everything went black.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Oh shit cliffhangerrrrr 🌚

I haven't updated in a shwhileee 🙂

Enjoy the update qts 😎

Much love 💘

Stay gizzyyyyy 😍

-Julie🌊