The Real Monster

"Let's get to the point," Horrortale Sans sighs, his skull cracked, his eyes glowing an eerie red.

A FIGHT begins. "It's a grim day outside," Sans begins, "wolves are howling, trees are shedding their leaves, but on days like this, kids like you," Sans attacks. Horrortale Frisk douges. "Used to see the good in everything."

"So," Canon Frisk asks other Frisk, "why are you so... would rugged be the term?"

"Underground was rough," other Frisk explains as they begin up the mountain, "I took to smoking to help me cope, been trying to quit. Down to a cigarette a day. I RESET over and over and over. The monsters seemed bad on the surface, but I knew there was good in them. There was. I managed to reach the surface without bloodshed."

"What about Asreil?" Frisk asks.

"Who?" Other Frisk inquiries.

"I'm sorry, I mean Flowey."

"Oh, Flowey. He's back at my place."

"Hold on, how do you not know who Asreil is?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, how did you get here without facing Asreil?"

"... what? Asreil's dead. What are you talking about?"

"You don't know?"

"Don't know what?"

"Asreil is Flowey, but without a soul."

"What!?! Then if he had a soul... hey, before we met, could you RESET?"

"Yes... why?"

"Oh, no reason." The two reach where the barrier once stood. Megolovania can be heard echoing through the cavern.

"Oh shit!" Other Frisk exclaims sprinting forward. Frisk follows just behind. Horrortale Asgore blocks the way.

"Wait, what?" He asks.

Horrortale Asgore's horns are twisted, his trident glows with an unholy light. His fur is the color of the night sky. His eyes are a glowing, crimson red. His cloak is torn and covered in bloodstains. He speaks in a deep, booming voice.

"How did you even get back there?" Asgore inquiries.

"No time to explain," other Frisk replies, "Sans is in trouble. We gotta go. Actually, what the hell happened to you?"

"Don't play innocent," Asgore growls, "everyone is dead. You killed them. Undyne, Alphys, my wife... I have already absorbed the human souls, and now, I, Asgore, the last monster, shall strike you down."

Asgore starts a FIGHT.

"Run!" Frisk yells. Both Frisks flee. Asgore does not give chase, knowing that to get to the surface, they'll have to kill him. He isn't phased by the fact there are two humans. There's no way one human could do all this... right?

"I'd ask you the same thing," Canon Sans replies, "who are you?"

"Name's Sans," Underfell Sans replies, "friends call me Cherry, for some reason. Now, I'm gonna ask you one more time. What the fuck did you do?"

"Same thing you did," Swaptale Papayrus explains, "try to revive Gaster."

"Well that went well didn't it dumbass," Cherry growls, "how do we fix this?"

Sans and Papayrus shrug.

"Fuckin hell," Cherry replies, "listen, it's probably best to figure out how to reset. Where's Frisk?"

"I don't know anyone named Frisk," Papayrus explains, "but there's a kid named Chara that can reset."

Sans's and Cherry's eyes begin to glow.

"You guys OK?" Papayrus asks.

"Tell me," Sans inquiries, "do you recall a bad time?"

"No no," Papayrus explains, "Chara never did genocide."

"I don't trust this," Cherry explains, "where is this kid?"

"I dunno," Papayrus replies, "probably with Undyne and Blueberry watching anime. Blueberry sure does like anime."

"I'll look into this whole Chara thing," Cherry explains, "you two fix this shit. Where's Undyne live?"

"Well, it seems that all alternative things are placed right next to their counterparts, so just go to where your Undyne lives."

Cherry takes a shortcut. Meanwhile, Frisk and other Frisk run into Horrortale Frisk and Sans fighting.

"Sans!" Other Frisk yells seeing the red glow. Sans turns around, allowing Horrortale Frisk to finish him off. There's a moment of tense silence.

"Well," Horrortale Sans sighs, "that's it then. Before I die, let me ask you something? Who's the real monster here? ... whelp, I'm off to Grilby's." Sans limps out of the judgement hall. "Papayrus," he asks, "want anything?" Horrortale Frisk's LOVE increases. They turn towards the other two Frisks...