Chapter 8.

Leilani woke up with with heaviness on her. She looked behind her to find Laurent sleeping so peacefully. She smiled but thought back to last night and how she was gonna tell him about the pregnancy. She got up slowly and went to the bathroom. She took her 40 minute shower and got dressed. She went downstairs to make breakfast. Eggs, sausages, waffles, French toast sticks, and a pinch of mayonnaise for her.

As she was cooking, Laurent woke up feeling emptiness. He felt around for her but she wasn't there. He sat up and thought back to him finding the pregnancy test. He smiled just thinking about it. He got up and took him a 30 minute shower and got dressed. He took the pregnancy test out of the garbage and put it in his pocket so she wouldn't lie when he asked her. He went downstairs and saw her in the kitchen cooking. He snuck up behind her and hugged her from behind. She jumped and smiled.

Leilani: *kisses him* Goodmorning baby.

Laurent: *kisses her* Goodmorning babe.

Leilani: *smile* How you sleep?

Laurent: *smile* Good. How about you?

Leilani: *smile* I slept real good cause I was in your arms.

Laurent: *smirks* Oh really.

Leilani: Mhm. *kissing him* Are you hungry babe?

Laurent: Yea.

Leilani tells him to go sit in the dining room while she get their plates together. As she was putting the plates down, she didn't know that she gave Lau her plate with the mayonnaise. They said grace and dug in. Laurent ate the eggs and spit them out.

Laurent: Ewww what the fuck is that.
*looks closely* Is that mayonnaise?

Leilani: Oops wrong plate. Here.

They switch out plates. Laurent gets up and go wash his mouth out with toothpaste. Now is the time he talk to her. He goes downstairs and sit with her. She looks sad.

Leilani: I'm so sorry babe. I got them mixed up.

Laurent: It's okay babe but is there something you not telling me.

Leilani: Wym?

Laurent: Is there something you not telling me?

Leilani looks around not making eye contact with Lau. She wants to cry but she don't wanna seem weak in front of him.

Laurent: Babe?

Leilani drops tears and looks at him. She has to tell him. It ain't no secret, she's just scared.

Leilani: *grabs Lau hand* Babe I-I am.. *whispers* pregnant.

Laurent: I know.

Leilani: *looks up* How you know?

Laurent: *goes in his pocket and grabs the test* Cause I found this in the garbage last night. I kinda figured it out when you was craving weird shit, all the puking, and mood swings. That was my first thought.

Leilani: Are you mad at me?

Laurent: Of course not. I'm happy you're pregnant. Come here.

Leilani sits in his lap and lays her head on his shoulder. He hugs her tight and kiss her forehead.

Laurent: I've always wanted a baby. A baby of my own. I was happy when I found the test in the garbage. I was just nervous. When Jessica got pregnant I was happy but I found out that it wasn't mine and I was hurt. It hurt me to pieces. But I'm happy cause I'm getting a second chance to become a dad. I will spoil you and this baby. I love the both of you. So don't feel bad or sad cause I'm happy.