Chapter 25

I sat outside the operation room, Sungyeol next to me, and Myungsoo's parents across from us. After we arrived at the hospital Myungsoo went into surgery. He received a gunshot on his shoulder, and the doctor said that we shouldn't worry about that. However, when he landed on the floor, the impact was enough to cause him a brain injury and required an immediate surgery.

I looked at the clock, and it marked 12:45. Three hours have passed since Myungsoo was brought into the OR* and we still didn't know anything aboit his condition.

I stood up from my seat and went on the look for some fresh air. I found a balcony not far from the OR and decided to stay there for a while. My mind was running wild, I thought about Myungsoo back in the OR, and about the man that tried to kidnap me. His words couldn't leave my mind, and no matter how much I tried to forget them, I couldn't. I was deep in thought when Sungyeol sat next to me.

"Here, I don't know if you can drink coffee, so I brought you some water."

I took the water bottle and thanked him.

"Has anyone said something about Myungsoo?"

"Ani, I asked a nurse if she knew anything but she said that she had no information. We have to wait until the doctor finishes the surgery. Apparently his case is severe and requires a lot of time."

"Do you think he'll be okay?"

"I'm sure he will, Myungsoo is strong, besides,"- he looked at me and smirked- "I don't think he'll leave you now that you're pregnant."

Sungyeol smiled at me and i let out a small chuckle.

"Oppa?"

"Mh?"

"That man, back at the party, was it true? What he said, is it true?"

"I'm not the right person to tell about it, but it is true. I know you must feel angry, but you shouldn't take it out on Myungsoo. I'm not saying this because he's my best friend, but because he really didn't know about it."

"Why are you so sure?"

"Because I was there when he found out."

*Sungyeol's flashback*

I was sitting in with Myungsoo at his office going through some bank statements.

"Myungsoo-ah, look at this. The sum of all the payments doesn't add up. We are missing money."

"Missing? I don't remember signing anything else but that."

"Why don't we call the bank? Maybe you lost a receipt."

"Sure let's do that."

I called the back and they sent us a status of our account.

"Myungsoo-ah, did you transfer any money to Naeun's father? "

"Me? Ani, why?"

"There was a good amount of money transferred to Naeun's father a few days before your wedding. Are you sure you didn't make it?"

"Ne, I didn't transfer anything. Does it coincide with the missing amount?"

"Yes, do you know of anyone that could have made that transfer?

"Aniyo... look more into it, there might be a mistake."

I kept on looking through the records and found something surprising.