Chapter 22

"No matter what, I'm not giving up on you this time."

And then, he kissed me...

And as an instinct I kissed him back...

But I didn't feel anything, there was no heart racing or butterflies in the stomach. It was an empty kiss.

I pushed him back and stood up from my seat.

"Dongwoon oppa, let's stop here. I am already married to Myungsoo, and it's time for you to move on. I'm sorry, but my feelings for you are not the same they used to be."

I took my purse and turned around to exit the cafeteria. And then I saw him... Myungsoo. He caught my eye, turn around and left. I stood there in shock, he had seen the kiss with Dongwoon and it was worse than when he heard that my feelings for him weren't the same as him. After a few minutes, I took off after him. I ran with all my strength, trying to not lose him between the people in the hospital. When I finally caught up to him, he was already outside his car. Before he was able to climb into it, I took his hand and pulled him back making him turn around.

"Myungsoo, what just happen-"

"You don't have to give me any explanations. It's your life not mine."

"It's not what you think it is."

"If you want me to give you the divorce just say it. I'm not going to force you to stay with me if you don't want to."

He turned around and was about to climb into his car, but then I walked up to him and back hugged him.

"No, I don't want to leave your side, I want to stay with you. What you just saw, it was all a mistake, and it really isn't what you're thinking. Dongwoon oppa kissed me, and yes I kissed him back, but it made me realize that I don't have any feelings for him. It doesn't feel the same as when you kiss me. My feelings for you might not be at the same level yours are, but I know that I do feel something when I'm with you. When I'm around you everything is better, I love waking up beside you, I'm always happy when you're around. I don't know if its love, but either way I can't let you go, I don't want to let you go. If something happens to my father, and you leave me, I'll be all by myself again, and I don't want to be alone. I know that I'm being selfish, but I don't care I don't want to let you go. I won't leave you even if you push me away."

After what it felt like forever, Myungsoo turned around and hugged me back.

"I won't let go either."

As if on cue, tears started running down my face and I tightened the hug.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I turned around as Myungsoo's arms tightened around my waist. I opened my eyes and found Myungsoo's broad chest right in front of me. Memories from the day before passed by my eyes in an instant, and a smile formed in my face. After our moment in the hospital, we both said farewell to my father and came home. As always, Myungsoo took care of me and made me feel loved in that way that he always does. I closed my eyes again and snugged closer to him trying to get my body warm with the heat from his body. On the dresser next to our bed, Myungsoo's phone went off, and at this, Myungsoo stirred.

"Just let it ring..."

"What if it's important?"

"If it's important they'll call again."

"What happen to the Naeun that would answer every call?"

"Is asleep, just ignore it."

As if, Myungsoo ignored my words. He kissed my forehead before detaching his arms from my waist and turned around to answer his phone. I looked towards the dresser and the clock marked 3:00 am. Who would call at 3:00 am?