Chapter 5

After I left the coffee shop, I went straight home. Just as I was arriving, I received a text message.

"My mother told me to pick you up. Would you be done by 7?"

It was Myungsoo. I completely forgot that my father told me he'll be picking me up tonight. It was already 6, and it would only give me an hour to get ready.

"7:30 would be better." I send the text and waited for his reply.

"Then, I'll pick you up at 7:30"

"Okay"

"Are you... okay?"

That question... "Are you okay?" is something I wanted to hear right now. He probably knows about my relationship with DongWoon.

"Yeah, I'll see you later."

I didn't wait for his reply and went straight to my room. My house, or maybe I should say mansion, was really dull. The decoration was really pretty, but it was a big house and no one besides the maids was here. My father was rarely here since he had to be working all the time and he installed a small bedroom in his office. I was always out on dates with DongWoon, or with my friends. Sometimes I came home to sleep, but most of the time I stayed either with Eunji or DongWoon.

I walked into my closet looking for a good dress to wear. I wanted something pretty and formal, not something extravagant. After I had chosen my clothes I walked into the shower. After doing my thing, I went out wrapped in my towel. I quickly dried my hair, and wore my dress and shoes. I stylized my hair, and after several tries, I decided to leave it down. I checked the time, and realized that Myungsoo would arrive anytime soon. I wore my watch, lots of rings because I love wearing rings, matching earrings, and while I was looking for the necklace, I saw the necklace Myungsoo's grandma gave me when I was little. I decided to wear it since it was a precious gift for me.

"Miss, young master Myungsoo is waiting for you down stairs."

"Already? Tell him that I'll be down in a bit."

"As you wish Miss."

I quickly wear the necklace, and put some light make up on. I looked myself in the mirror and gave myself a satisfied smile. I grabbed my purse and went out of my room. From the top of the stairs I saw Myungsoo in a nice dress shirt and pants. I had to admit that he looked handsome. We might have a bad relationship, but saying that Myungsoo isn't handsome would be a lie.

I made my way down the stairs and kept on looking at Myungsoo's back. At some point my heels made a really loud noise making Myungsoo look my way. He kept on staring at me even though I was already in front of him. He kind of looked like he has in a trance. His eyes skanned me, for the first time he scanned me and it was weird since no one has ever done that to me. Not even DongWoon. After what it felt forever, his gaze gathered all his attention on my neck. I looked to see what he was intensely looking at and I realized that it was the necklace his grandmother gave me.

"That necklace... where did you got it from?"

"The necklace... I ... your grandmother gave it to me..."

"She... gave it to you?"

"Mhh, before she passed away."

Myungsoo looked so chocked, and after my confession tears started forming in his eyes. I could see in his eyes the pain it caused him to remember his grandmother. A tear rolled down his cheek and it made me regret wearing the necklace. 15 years ago, Myungsoo's grandmother passed away and it was terrible for Myungsoo. His grandmother was the only one that he trusted the most, the one he loved the most, and when she died, Myungsoo died with her. Before Myungsoo's grandmother died, he was a sweet guy. He was always nice to everyone, he had a warm soul, but after his loss, he became a cold guy. He's never been the same after his grandmother passed away, and I don't think he'll ever been the same before.

When he realized that he had tears about to fall down, he quickly turned around giving me his back view. He cleared his throat before turning back to me.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Oh? Oh yes, I'm ready."

"Then, let's go."

He quickly made his way to the door and I just followed him.