Fight To The Death.

Jude had heard the argument between the big oaf and the queen luna, and he was wondering how far Jax would go for Marie. He followed Marie's scent to her room where she was just finishing covering up the scratch on her neck with a bandage. He exhaled the rage in his chest. He was beginning to think his beta's sister is actually nuts and needs to be locked up for good measure. Her violent tendencies were becoming too frequent for his liking.
Marie looked away from mirror to face him with a grim look about her face.
Just when he'd thought he'd have this time to talk to Marie, the nincompoop bursted in spoiling the chance.
He ran past him to where Marie was and knelt down before her. He didn't even seem to register his presence. Bummer!
He placed his huge palm on one side of her face while examining her bandaged neck.
"are you sure you don't want her dead?" Jax asked skeptically. "cuz it would totally be fair game." and he was serious.
Marie cracked a smile leaning into his palm shyly. She gave an exhausted sigh. "she didn't do anything worth dying for, she only said and did what many people lack the courage for."
"I dare anyone to try!" it came out out more of a growl than words.
Jude interrupted their moment "Can I have a moment with my sister? There are things I need to clear up." he didn't wait for Jax to reply as he took Marie's hand and led her out of the room.

Marie trudged behind Jude as they walked into a meadow just at the edge of the forest surrounding their home. Jude found a fallen trunk and sat on it, patting the space next to himself for Marie to take.
He looked thoughtful and wistful, and it got Marie worried.
Jude sighed, "the day you were born, I thought you were the prettiest baby in the whole world. Your eyes were so blue and so huge... I couldn't understand why mom had that nasty look on her face. She looked at you so disdainfully and I didn't like it. That's when I said to you 'don't worry sissy, bubba will take care of you'. And you became my sunshine.
"Even though I failed, I did try my best to give you the best I could considering my age and you can't fault me of not loving you most in my life Marie."
Marie was caught off guard by his statement and all she could give was a weak "you didn't fail."
But Jude continued. "if I worked harder then, those hunters wouldn't have gotten into our territory and they wouldn't have scarred you as they did."
"Dad gave you the reigns so young, it wasn't your fault."
"I know, but you have always been my responsibility." Jude paused and looked behind him sensing a presence "Always!" He looked back to Marie and smiled sadly. "you have a new champion now. And I pray that he can undo the damage that--"
"it wasn't your fault Jude." Marie said in tears. "I have never blamed you for what happened. In fact, I blame mum and dad. Never you"
"Either way I'm sorry. And I hope he loves you in ways I couldn't sissy, and he gives you everything I never could... Just know, you will always be the love of my life."
"pray Jessica never knows that." Marie tried to joke to ease the tension but Jude's face remained serious.
"She knows. But I also know that I can never be enough to keep you happy and make you know you are worth anything and everything. You are a gem Marie, I just wish you could see that too."
"Jude-"
He stood up pulling Marie with him hugging her tightly. "I hope in time, you will see that too."
Marie tensed feeling as though they were saying goodbye. "Jude.." she started sobbing.
"Don't be too hard on him, if he does you wrong and says he's sorry, forgive him. Show him who's boss, but listen to him when it's for your own good. Be good to him whenever you can, but most of all, don't let anyone tell you that you are less than wonderful and deserving of only the best." he whispered to her.
By this time Marie was sobbing uncontrollably.
Jude unwrapped his hands from around her, but she felt other arms wrapping around her. Warm, comforting arms.
Arms that felt like home.
"If I ever get a whiff that she's unhappy and mistreated, not taken care of or anything comes near any of these things, I'm coming for and anyone standing in my way, will be taken out.
"I'm going for run. Be gone by the time I come back or my wolf might take over and it will be a fight to the death for who keeps her!" Jude morphed into his wolf leaving a sobbing Marie behind in the arms of her mate.

Vote, share, comment.