It's Fate!

Edited

He was tall, with mocha skin, raven black hair, and liquid Brown eyes. The very definition of tall dark and handsome.

She knew exactly who he was coz he was the spitting image of his sister. But she couldn't be too sure.

"and you are....?"

He ignored her question, speaking while climbing down the stairs. "you know, at first all she did was whine about you over the phone and I didn't like you much. And then, all over sudden, the tune changed and it was, she's so cute! And I heard about the incident with my father, I was over the moon. I thought, 'surely she must be my soul mate'"

He reached the bottom of the stairs. "I was ever so curious, 'what is it about her?!' I was dying with curiosity."

He smiled charmingly, "now I can see the appeal, taking on the alpha King's son like that.... You got swagger!" he smirked wickedly at Marie, finishing his descent on the stairs standing in front of her.

"It's a pity you are not my mate," he said with an exaggerated sigh, "I would have loved to tame you."

Marie raised her perfectly trimmed brow at him, "I can see you're your father's son! Always hoping to achieve the impossible. You should learn from your sister... She tried, " Marie mocked his exaggerated sigh, "but she ended up being the tamed one instead!" she gave him an evil smile, full with intended promises.

She could have sworn the guy flinched in fear, for he took a cautious step back, but tried to put on a facade of bravado.

Marie smirked taking a step forward, seeing his eyes widen ever so slightly, "are you sure we're not mates? My wolf is kind of subdued, I can't really tell, maybe we should touch to make sure..."

Marie could see the panic building on the guy's face, his previous self confidence all but gone.

Marie was no fool. She knew what men were capable of, and they only used sweet words to cover up what's really underneath. One thing she was sure about, no one really wished for a mate like her. She was a nightmare, one that only one man could tolerate. Her brother.

Sometimes, she wondered if her own mate will ever really accept her, no matter how hard it is to reject a mate.

With that thought Marie raised her hand as though to touch him.

She had never seen a wolf run so fast from his supposed potential mate, you could practically see the dust he left behind in the wake of his flight, and she could help but tease him some more.

Ignoring the still moaning body on the ground behind her, such a big baby!

She chased after the grown baby alpha male. "wait!" she chased out the front door, "what if it's fate! You can't defy fate! It's Fate! " she was just out the door and the guy was already rounding a corner headed towards the backyard. And their house was not a mere house, but a mansion!

She ran after him laughing.

Reaching that first corner, taking a sharp turn only to run into an obstacle hitting it head on collusion before building recoil velocity, bouncing back, losing balance on her heels, falling, butt first!

She looked up, her eyes connecting with very familiar ones,

"Oh! hell no!" the body in front of her cursed very unaffected by their collusion while she rubbed her painful nose, but cursing for a very different reason. A reason only the two of them knew, because her wolf kept screaming in her head, "MATE!"

Over and over again.