"Rae will find out eventually." I heard his Dad hiss back.

"Until then I don't want her to know, I don't want to hurt her!"*

Mason, loves me? Or loved me? Impossible. He's always surrounding himself with popular girls, always snogging some bitch from this pack.

'He only did it because he was beating himself up.' Raven said.

'You're lying. If he loved me, he wouldn't have hurt me.'

'And what did he do, Rae, hm? But you can't remember because of Blake. You need Mason. He knows how you can find out.'

'Ever heard the saying, never trust a bad boy, let alone one who's an Alpha.' I snapped at Raven.

"NO!" I heard a roar, "YOU DO NOT RUN THIS PACK!"

I looked up to find Mason sprint upstairs in his wolf speed, fists clench. A door slammed, making me flinch. I frowned my eyes trailing back to my full plate. I had ignored the whole conversation at dinner and had not eaten any of my food. This isn't like me. My food is usually gone in five minutes.

"Rae?" I looked to find a desperate Emerald. "Go after him."

I silently nodded, not disobeying my Luna. But I also went up for myself. If Mason can truly help me, I want to know how.

I came to his bedroom door before knocking, "Mason?"

"Go away." I flinched from his voice. I've never heard it sound so rough as that. It wasn't like anything I've heard from Mason before.

"Please don't do this again." I whispered, resting my head against his door. "Please Mason." I heard no response, only shuffling around.

I turned around, leaning my back against the door before I slid down, resting my arms on my knees. "Mason. I know you can hear me. Look, I know you don't want me here, but please just listen to me. Listen to my voice Mason. Calm your wolf. Whatever you and your Dad were arguing about doesn't matter, okay?"

Mason's POV

I listened to my mate, leaning against the door as I sat on the ground.

"Mason." Rae whispered.

My fists were still clenched, my eyes still black, but with her nearby, I knew I would soon calm down.

"Do you remember when we were kids, and it was that snow day? I remember your small fluffy wolf running around and catching the snowdrops before you ran into me." Rae chuckled slightly. "I remember you chasing me around, before you finally caught me, before our Dad's dumped a load of snow on us from above."

I smiled slightly. She's remembering everything. It won't be long until she eventually finds out who she is to me, especially when it comes to her eighteenth. The anger inside soon died listening to her voice. The way she talked about different memories that she remembers and won't forget again.

-------------------------

I ran my hand down my face before looking at my phone. 23:30. I stood up, stretching out and opening the bedroom door, only to look down. Rae? Rae was snuggled in a ball in wolf form, sleeping by my door. Her soft snores filled the silent hallway.

"Rae" I whispered, shaking her wolf slightly. Not waking her, I picked her up and carried her in my room and placing her on my bed before shifting and circling around her. I can't believe she stayed and feel asleep there.

'It just shows how much she actually cares' Ace murmured, digging his face in her neck. I rested a paw over her, protecting whats mine.

I would always care for her, even if she rejected me. She's mine whether she likes it or not, I won't let anyone hurt her again. If I ever hurt her physically, I don't think I'd ever forgive myself. Another reason why I want her to reject me, she deserves so much better.

I never want to hurt her, but I know I will because that's what I'm good at, I hurt people I love and I'd hurt her. But I'm so afraid of losing her, so afraid of rejection. I know I'll never be good enough for someone like Rae which is the reason I go to other people.

I knew my mate would reject me when she reaches eighteen, so I was doing my best to get her to hate me, but I need her more than anything. I need her attention, her body, her kindness, her everything. I swear to Ace that I will never let her go, even if she rejects me, I will always protect her.

'So why didn't you do that in the first place?' Ace snapped.

'Because I was afraid.'