Chapter 44- Semifinals Part 2

Next chapter is dedication chapter XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RECAP FROM CHAPTER 42

  "Well, it seems that, Ichigaya Junior and Toyama High were a joint school, and those who graduated from Ichigaya Junior immediately went to Toyama High. Those six were on Ichigaya Junior's basketball team. The manager, Iwasaki-san, was apparently also a player, until he got injured."

"Okay. So, what's the big shock?"

"In junior high, they only competed when they were first years. They were banned from the competition because of foul play. Players that could've been professional basketball players in the future had been injured severely."

"And?" questioned Miyuki.

"Apparently one of them had been Akashi Seijuro."

"What?! There's no way." Miyuki exclaimed. "I don't remember anything like this happening. I've been with the Teiko basketball team for my entire first year, and we never went against a school called Ichigaya!"

"Was there ever a time he was injured?"

Miyuki faltered. "I... Well, yes, but we were never against a school named Ichigaya." she repeated firmly.

"It could've been a second string game." said Kuroko.

Miyuki turned to face him. "But... He didn't tell me about this before the match. He should've warned us."

Haruko bit her lip. "Many of them experience amnesia afterwards. There aren't any holes to this."

Miyuki had a frantic look of shock on her face. "No way..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second quarter began, with the score 37-31, in Rakuzan's favour. Seirin could see that Toyama was getting riled up. They all knew subconsciously, that soon, something big would happen.   

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akashi's mark had changed to the captain, Masako Hayate. He frowned. For some reason, it seemed like he was experiencing deja vu. The game had commenced only a minute ago, and already, Toyama was only one point behind. He shook his head in frustration. He was losing concentration.

He called to a second year player, and he received the ball swiftly. The huge figure of Masako shadowed him. He had to get around him somehow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their play had changed. It was only minute at first, however it became more obvious. Second quarter was over, and now they were neck and neck, with the score 52-52. There was a ten minute interval, and Miyuki used that time to visit the Rakuzan change-rooms.

"Oi!" she yelled dramatically, slamming the door open.

"M-Miyuki! What are you doing here? Get back to the stands."

She grabbed Akashi's sweaty arm, and hauled him outside. She was surprised at the lack of strength he possessed.

"Are you okay? They're being a lot more aggressive than before... And also-"

"I'll be fine." he said shortly, cutting her off.

"Is that so."

She returned to the audience, her brow furrowed in worry.

"Anything wrong?" asked Kuroko, his face peeping out of his jacket.

"I... I don't know."

The game commenced. Even from a distance, she could tell the unhealthy state he was in.