Chapter 37- Kaijo VS Seirin

Thanks for 26K reads, 1.3K votes and over 300 comments!

"Ki-chan...?

Kise quickly pulled down his shirt. "It's nothing!"

"It's not nothing!"

He got up, and pushed her away. "The game's starting, go to your team."

"Yeah, you heard him." said the Kaijo regular, who Akashi and Miyuki had bumped into before.

"Who are you anyway?" said Miyuki, not letting go of Kise's arm.

"Mujimoto Hajime. First-year at Kaijo. And what about you, shorty? What's a girl doing on the court?"

Miyuki's anger flared up. "I'm captain of Seirin. And don't talk to your senpai like that."

"A girl as a a captain? Boy, Seirin must be weak."

"Mujimoto, don't talk to her like that."

"Shut up!" he retorted, elbowing Kise in the ribs.

Kise tried to suppress a yell of pain, and he fell to the ground again.

"Oi! Don't touch him."

Miyuki knew that he was the violent first year that Akashi was talking to her about.

"Did you give him those bruises?"

"No, he didn't, Miyukicchi!"

Miyuki held her arm out, stopping Kise from talking.

"So, was it you?"

"Yeah, so what?"

Miyuki breathed deeply, glaring daggers at this first-year jerk, before turning away to her own side. "Don't you dare lay a finger on Ki-chan."

"Sure, sure." he said sarcastically.

Miyuki stepped forward, ready to release the rage bottled up inside her, but Kise grabbed her arm. "Don't."

She turned to him. "Why would you let someone like him on your team? Why?"

Kise looked away. "Kaijo grew weaker. We didn't get many strong people anymore. And then he came along, and I wanted to win. So I had to let him into the team"

"So you care more about winning than yourself?!"

"It's not like you don't either! Playing with your heart in a condition like that!!"

Miyuki's eyes widened. "I- I don't-"

"It's just one year. And then I'm graduating."

The whistle blew. "Let the match between Kaijo High School and Seirin High School begin!"

Miyuki faltered, and turned away from Kise.

"Okay." she said to her team. "Starters are Kuroko Tetsuya, Kagami Taiga, Akiyama Katashi, Aizato Takeshi and Furihata Koki. Do the usual."

The five of them walked onto the court.

"Miyuki-senpai, are you okay?"

She turned to the manager and smiled. "Yeah, I'm okay. Don't worry."

The whistle blew once more and Kagami and Kise leapt up for the ball. Miyuki watched Kise carefully, and saw him wince in pain when he landed hard on his feet. Kagami had snatched away the ball, and threw it to Kuroko.

"Kise-kun. Please don't strain yourself."

Kise stood in front of him, as Kuroko dribbled the ball.