Chapter 40- Preparation

I'm reaaallyyyy sorry for not updating last month. I had exams and then I had a writer's block but now it's break and I feel a lot more motivated now so I will get up 4 updates this month in order to catch up~ After all the first chapter next month is the dedication chappie.

EDIT: And then I caught a cold and a fever lol. Well then, on with the chapter!

Miyuki got out of bed, and got undressed for a shower. Flashbacks of the previous week erupted through her head. She shivered, and continued on. It was finally break, and she was free to do whatever she wanted to.

That is, if it wasn't for the Inter-High.

The quarterfinal against Yosen were just around the corner, and Seirin had had no time for a holiday. Provided they win the quarterfinals, the semifinals and finals would be another two days afterwards. They were running out of time. Practice was within three hours, and Miyuki had to get everything ready; strategies, positions, food. Riko would be helping her for the rest of the Inter-High, as she had gotten some time off.

9:21. Another 2 hours and 39 minutes. Time to wake her brother up.

"Tetsu TetsuTetsuTetsuTetsuTetsuTetsuTetsuTetsuTetsuTetsuTetsu." whined Miyuki, shaking her brother.

"Mmm...? Is it morning..." moaned Kuroko.

"Nooo." said Miyuki sarcastically. "It's the middle of the night."

"...Then I'll go back to sleep..." yawned Kuroko.

"No no no it's morning." exclaimed Miyuki. "Wake up! It's past nine!"

She heard a few mumbles before a gentle snore echoed around the room.

"Fine! I'll be back in thirty minutes to wake you up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the end, the two of them were the first to arrive at the gym.

"Do something about that bed hair." whispered Miyuki, as she saw Riko getting off the nearby bus stop.

"Miyuki! I've missed you!" said Riko, and Miyuki embraced her.

"Same here. Hey... Are you a C-cup now by any chance?!"

Riko turned slightly pink. "Maybe."

"Congratulations!!" yelled Miyuki, grabbing her hands.

"Somebody pregnant?" said Katashi, walking into the gym.

"No, no, never mind." said Miyuki.

"Who this?" asked Katashi, pointing at Riko.

"This is Aida Riko, Seirin's official coach. Who practically never comes."

"Tee hee, sorry~" grinned Riko.

"Coach!" said Kagami, twirling a basketball on his finger.

Eventually, a large crowd swarmed in, wasting thirty minutes by chatting about various topics.

"Okay, guys!" exclaimed Riko. "I'll be splitting you up into four groups, so that first years, second years and third years will be evenly spread through them. Then we'll have a round-robin competition."

She called out names, assigning them into purple, yellow, blue or green teams.

"That's strange. I thought we had 28 people. Why does this team only have 6 people?"

"You forgot about me, Coach..."

"Ah, Kuroko-kun! Sorry, sorry...."

She cleared her throat. "First, we'll warm up and do some exercises! For two hours!"