Chapter 21: Tragedy

FLASHBACK

CONTINUED FROM TWO CHAPTERS AGO

DANI'S POV

"So where exactly is this going to lead?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Sterling asked back.

"I mean, we kissed... you said it was child's play that dating me is a bad idea... so where is this leading?"

"Well, I wanna be something more than just friends. I... I wanna take you out, Dani." At this statement, I was floored. Sterling wants to take me out? Me of all people?

"I, uh... really?"

"Yeah, Dani. I really wanna take you out."

"O-okay. Ye-yeah, I'd love for you to take me out." At those words, he smiles and kisses me again.

~~~

TIME SKIP
JUNE 7, 2016
MIAMI, FLORIDA
7:53 PM (EDT)
DANI'S POV

Touring with Ed is probably one of the best things I could've ever done. In fact, we decided to do it again with the same crew. Kinda like a reunion tour, if you know what I mean. Ed even tried convincing Demi to be an opening act, but she was set on her journalist job rather than sing on tour. I tried telling him that she probably wouldn't cave; but we all know what his listening skills are like.

As for Sterling, he was more than willing to come on tour again. And I can understand why. Ed was getting him a lot more publicity. He was enjoying the spotlight, and I was happy for him about it.

I just can't help that something bad is about to happen.

I mean, so many good things have happened in the past months. What if something is just waiting to mess it up?

Anyway, I say that because Sterling, Max, and Ed were all nominated for the Teen Choice Awards in July and everyone was getting pumped. They even were scheduled to perform at the awards show. The guests were all planned, me being Sterling's of course. And then Demi would be Ed's guest while Christina would go with Max. It all seemed perfect.

Let's just hope that nothing crashes it.

JUNE 10, 2016
THE PLAZA LIVE
ORLANDO, FLORIDA
DANI'S POV

"Does she even know that we came here?" I asked Max.

"Nope," he replied, "Total surprise."

"Why is it that I didn't know that something like this would happen?"

"This just means you need to keep up, Dani. I mean, you are my best friend after all."

"Jerk," I smirked back.

"You know Maxie is always right."

"Sure, Monkey Boy."

"How many times do I have to remind you that I embrace the title you have bestowed upon me?"

"Until it backfires and starts to bug you."

With that, we watched the rest of the show. Sterling and Ed wanted to come, too, but they both had rehearsal. As for Max, he didn't have rehearsal again until tomorrow. So he decided that he and I should surprise Christina tonight at her concert since we were already in Orlando.

And when Christina came out, we cheered and sang along to our hearts content. A few songs in, Christina spots Max and I in the crowd, to which she gestures for Max to come on stage with her and perform.