Cloud Nine

BACK AT THE THEATER

STERLING'S POV

"Are you sh*tting me? Yes! A million times yes! I...I have to prepare, but...mhmm. Yeah, sure! No problem. Yeah, definitely. Yeah, thank you SO much!"

I closed my phone and pounded my legs with my fists. Demi was staring at me wide-eyed, but she was already tearing up. I grabbed her up in a hug, spinning her around and screaming with her.

"I'm going on tour with Ed Sheeran!! AHHHHHHHH"

Eventually I put her down and grabbed her hands, dancing around like lunatics.

"OH MY GOSH LING!"

I ran through the movie theater, shaking random people's hands and throwing out smiles like confetti. When we finally reached my car, I was shaking with excitement and threw the keys at Mimi in silent communication. She laughed and climbed in the driver's side, and I bounced and sang all the way home.

Wow. What a day.

ONE HOUR LATER

DEMI'S POV

Sterling had not settled down since he had gotten the call. He had spoken to Ed's manager a few more times over the course of the afternoon, and was on the phone with him even now, chatting away happily about plans. I couldn't help but be excited for him. He had been trying to do this for years! I only wished I could go with him. Nothing made me happier than to see him like this.

Well, meeting Ed Sheeran would probably make me happier...just saying.

Sterling finally hung up with Ed's manager and threw his phone on the bed where I was laying, watching him with curiosity. He was acting like a mad man, running around his room and muttering "I have nothing to wear" over and over under his breath.

I laughed, and he finally looked back at me.

"What's so funny, Mimi?" he asked, giving me that crooked grin.

"You're acting like a girl about to go on her first date, Ling. If you're so worried about what you're going to wear, let's go shopping."

He snapped his fingers and proclaimed, "Yes! Why didn't I think of that? Let's go; we have to buy some new clothes."

The day passed spectacularly. Ling was in a better mood than I'd ever seen, and I was more than overjoyed to share in it with him. If I thought my face was sore from smiling by the time we left the mall, his must have been on fire.

TWO DAYS LATER

Ling waved again from the tarmac, his new sunglasses resting just underneath his silky swoop of hair. I wiped away the one tear that escaped my tear duct and waved back enthusiastically.

I was going to miss him. Probably more than I should. But this was his dream, and I had to let my best friend live it.

ON THE PLANE

STERLING'S POV

Everything on this plane is so wonderful! Ed's team sprang for me to fly first class, and they don't even check ID's here, so I got myself a complimentary glass of champagne and plopped down to dream. God, this is amazing.

The flight isn't too terribly long, only a few hours in which I planned out my part of the show. I know they were going to furnish me with a band, and I hoped to goodness they were up to par. I mean, it's an Ed tour, so they'd have to be, right?

I have the greatest ideas, though. I'm so excited! When I headline my own tour, I'm going to engineer a revolving stage and have my band members wearing glow suits and it's going to be so amazing. And forget confetti. I want to have sodas and food fall from the ceiling.

Well, that would be dangerous. I'll blame all this champagne for that idea.

I hiccupped loudly, drawing the attention of a classy female traveler I had not previously noticed. Wow, she was lovely. I wondered where she was going...

"Hi, I'm Sterling Knight. I'm going to be famous," I told her, to which she laughed.

"I've never met anybody who was going to be famous before," she told me, and I puffed out my chest, stifling a burp. How much champagne have I had?

"My pleasure, dollface. " I'm pretty sure I winked, but the wink turned into sleep and I don't remember the rest of the flight. I woke up in the grandest place I've ever been, and as soon as I collected my luggage, I took a deep breath and shook hands with Mr. Ed Sheeran.

What. Is. Life.