Past the Goal Line

Start from the beginning

Lipson was basically our school's enemy, not to mention that human jerk called Michal who tried to hit on me.

"We can beat them." I snorted.

Coach shook his head at me, "I had Kieran sneak over and video their training, they've gotten better." He handed me the phone as we watched Lipson smoothly passing the ball to one another. Mr Hama was right- they had gotten better. Michal kicked the ball at full force into the corner of the net. Shivering at the hot breath against my neck in the cold, I spun around to see Mason frowning at the video.

"They will have mistakes somewhere." He muttered. Coach nodded before taking his iPhone back.

"Correct. I'm going to send you all this video, I want you all to watch it over and try to pick up any mistakes." The team nodded, "Okay! Fifteen laps warm up."

'And the game begins.' Raven murmured.

-------------------------- 

Beads of sweat dropped from my forehead as I tackled Josh. I glided with the ball across the pitch, as the other team surrounded me. The score was 2-2 and it was the last minute. It was about five and everyone was on the edge of exhaustion. Somewhere in the game, I had gotten too hot and threw my top by my rucksack, gaining some wolf whistles but I flagged them the finger and they chuckled, carrying on.

"Rae!" I hear a call, and kick it over their heads towards Mason who stormed forwards to meet it. Dodging an attacker, Mason hurtled forward, getting closer to the opposite team's goal. He went to shoot but the opposing team got in front of him and he quickly changed his tactic. He kicked up to ball, it moving quickly through the air. I stared at it, sprinting as fast as I could with humans around, before jumping. With the help of one of my teammates, I kept myself up, knocking the ball forward with my head and down, past the goal line.

"GOAL!" Coach cheered, blowing the whistle three long times.

I plonked myself on the ground, a smile plastered on my face as I closed my eyes, resting an arm over the top. Hands came and gripped my waist, hauling me up onto someone's shoulder.

"Go Rae!" Mason cheered, jogging me up on his shoulder.

"That was a good shot!" Our goalkeeper, Kieran muttered, shaking my hand.

"Good goalkeeping. Make sure to keep an eye on the ball as well as the scorer's eyes." I reminded him as Mason put me down on my feet. Kieran nodded before walking off to his girlfriend.

"Well scored, Rae. I want more like that in the tournaments." Coach spoke before talking to the rest of us. "Remember to look over that footage. Any mistakes or mishaps you can find, come straight to me." He dismissed us.

------------------------

[Song: Just Like Fire- P!NK ]

'Just like fire, burning out that way. If I can light the world up for just one day. Watch this madness, colourful charade. No one can be just like me anyway.' I sang the lyrics to a good song, Just Like Fire by P!NK as I stepped out the shower, draping a towel around my body.

'Just like magic, I'll be flying free. I'mma disappear when they come for me. I kick that ceiling, whatcha gonna say? No one can be just like me anyway.' I pulled on my undergarments before walking out the bathroom.