Well That Was Smart

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You would be really bored and your life wouldn't be interesting!" I grinned, leaning my head on his shoulder.*

I came to a halt when a huge black wolf stood growling in front of me.

'What are you doing?' Mason's booming voice echoed through my mind. Growling, I ran forward, knocking him over. My sharp claws dug through his flesh, his growls ripping through the air. I don't know what's wrong with me; all these memories, all the anger, its coming out now. Mason's teeth sunk into my shoulder, not enough to cause damage, just enough to cause pain. Whining, I snapped back, tracing the claw marks that had already begun to heal. A heavy paw shoved me, making my skid across the soggy, dew grass. I stayed where I laid, not wanting to do anything but be free from this confusion.

'What are you doing!' Mason snapped through the link, clearly angry that I had attacked him.

'I-I don't know!' I whimpered. 'I keep having these unknown flashbacks! It hurts! I don't want it anymore!'

I stood up as Mason dropped his Alpha stance and wandered over to my shaking wolf form. I walked further away from him, knocking my back into a tree, remembering the latest flashback. 'You hated me?' I ask. The anger that was once on Mason's face was now covered over by confusion.

'What?'

'June 17th, 2007. You had just come back from somewhere. You ignored me. I followed you to your room, you told me to go away and that you hated me.' I recalled, frowning at how I remembered that date.

Mason sighed through the link, 'I never hated you. I just had a lot going on, still do.'

'Like what?'

'I can't tell you.'

'Why' I challenged.

'I just can't, not yet.'

I sighed, knowing I would never get an answer. Shifting back, I stared at Mason's wolf that was eye level with me. I reached up to touch his nose. "I'm sorry" I mumbled, stroking and itching his ear.

'It's fine' he mumbled, resting his wolf head against my own. Was that a purr? I pulled him down as I sat, and I leant against his side as he curled around me slightly. Bending one leg, we looked out onto the lake we had stopped by whilst running. Sighing, I thought of Lucy. She would always sit by a lake or river when she was upset or angry and never came back until she was fully clam. She was so young and beautiful. She had thick curly brown hair and dark grey eyes, just like Mum. Her personality was always so cheerful and she always found a way to lighten up any situation. My parents never had another kid after that, Lucy was always the last. No one could replace her, not even a clone.

Breathing heavily, I buried my head into Mason's side out of comfort, my hand wrapping around my bracelets. I never thought I be here; sitting by a lake, with Alpha Mason, skipping school and it to be peaceful. But the memories still rotate, leaving me confused and anxious, as if something was going to happen, or something was coming- something bad.

'I'm always here for you Rae' Mason's voice whispered. My eyes widened.

*My eleven year wolf form ran. Not knowing where, just anywhere from school. Kayla just could never keep her mouth shut, and I would've shifted. 'Rae!' Mas's voice echoed through my mind. I stopped and shifted back, tears staining my pale face.

"I hate her! She never shuts up!" I cried. Mason pulled me into him.

"I'll always be here for you Rae, no matter what." He mumbled, inhaling my scent.*