Chapter 4- Lunch

Lily's POV

It was lunch and I was starving since I dropped my entire snack on Jai, that was sooo embarrassing, more embarrassing than that time at my old school in America, I was sleeping in sick bay and while I was asleep some boys wrote 'I stink' on my forehead and the whole day I was walking around with that on my head. For lunch I had a Turkey wrap with a fruit salad, yum!!!

"Hey Lily," a voice said,

that voice, that was the voice that was calling me at snack, I turn around making sure Jai is nowhere to be seen and I see Shelly running towards me.

"Hi Lily" she says in a sweet voice,

"Oh, hi"

"I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out with me and my friends,"

OMG maybe I'll get some real friends, Shelly is really nice so her friends must be too.

"Um, ok,"

we start walking outside and for once I feel calm and relaxed,

"I saw what happened at snack with you and Jai," Shelly says in a quiet voice

"Really, did everyone see?"

"Well, your just lucky Katie didn't see,"

"Who's Katie?"

"Jai's girlfriend and she's super jealous,"

"Me and Jai are just friends, were not even that, were just two people who bashed into eachother at snack, "

"yeah, sure."

Jai's POV

I can't see Lily anywhere, but I don't want to get up and start looking for her and plus what would Katie say?

But I really want to talk to Lily, but when I talk to her she seems...scared, like she doesn't want to talk to me, I don't know what to think, does she even like me as a friend?

Why are girls so difficult?

Katie reaches for my hand and so she doesn't hold my hand I wave to someone, it actually worked it turned out that my cousin Luke was there, he's a year older than me.

"Are you ok babe?" says Katie

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I hardly saw you at snack and I feel like you don't want to talk to me"

"Well were talking now,"

"Anyway where were you at snack?"

"At the office..." I say nervously

"WITH WHO?!?!?"

"No one! Just... um, helping out a teacher"

"Really?"

"Yep..."

"Oh good because I though you were with that new girl, what a loser."

Katie's talking about Lily, she's the loser, I mean she's not a loser but that's what she was called. It's like she is spying on me.

Lily's POV

Shelly takes me to the oval and there are two girls waiting there sitting down.

"Hey guys, this is a new student in my class her name is Lily, can she sit with us?"

"of course" says a girl with black wavy hair and blue eyes, why does everyone have blue eyes?

"Where you from?" the other girl says, she has the best hair I have ever seen in my life, so smooth and silk, so beautiful and brown and she has green eyes just like Shelly.

"I'm from America,"

"Really you don't have an accent," the girl with the blue eyes says

"that's because I've moved to a lot of different countries"

"lucky" says the girl with the green eyes

"I really am not."

"Oh by the way I'm Amber," says the girl with the green eyes

"And I'm Summer," says the girl with the blue eyes,

"Nice to meet you," I say in a happy voice.

Before we knew it lunch was over, the whole time we just talked and talked and talked, maybe Australia isn't so bad after all.