HQ C.42: Amendments

Summary: a showdown and an announcement leave Sam realising she seriously needs to make some amendments.

Notes: I've been rereading my story and remember thinking it doesn't matter as long as my story means something to someone. And I am so grateful to anyone who has read this far!

for all your amazing comments that mean the world to me and for putting up with my irrational updating and unedited story!!

*ANNOUNCEMENT*
THIS STORY FINISHES CHAPTER 50
(a possible epilogue?)

"Students, although are school majors in sports, you must still take academic tests!" There was a general murmur of annoyance around the breakfast hall, "do not grumble! However those who fail be subject to punishment."

Hinata froze, his chopsticks dropping to the table, punishment? A few other boys faced similar reactions but mainly Nishinoya, Tanaka and Kageyama whose shoulders slumped found himself subject to Oikawa's laughter, "a genius only in sports it seems!"

Eventually the headmistress finished her notice and the boys continued to eat, their practice had been shortened, from being the whole of the afternoon to an hour long morning and evening practice. However Kuroo and Oikawa who wanted to ask for longer training could not find Sam in the hall.

The boys stood and grabbing one of the large biscuits, they nicknamed 'Halos', they set out in hopes of finding Sam.

First the poked their head through the gym doors to find Haru, talking to a man who matched the description of Sam's brother.

When neither of the pair noticed their presence, the two shared a long look and decided to eavesdrop.

"Tenshi-san, I request you leave Sam-Kun alone unless you want me to call your parents and tell them."

"Haruka. In the years I have known you, I have respected your influence on my younger sister. However I do not like your tone. How dare you speak like this to your senior."

Oikawa's hands covered his mouth as Kuroo frowned tryinh to make sense of the conversation,

"Anyone who is an enemy to Sam-chan is one to me, I've finally pieced together what's going on and your parents will not be happy to hear."

The boys felt a tap on their shoulder and turned to find Sam, her blonde hair was pulled up into a ponytail although strands still clung to her lips. She beamed at their surprised faces, before slamming open the doors, "I love you Haru-chan, but I will lead my own battles."

"Brother. This is coming to an end, I accept that because of me Amelia was weak. I accept that she is dead but I am not to blame, I kept her happy.

This is it. If you lay your hands on me again, I will kick you where the sun does not shine. Before I handled it because I too blamed myself. However bragging to Reiji has been the last straw."

The boys and Haru watched Sam, trying to make sense of what was happening.

"Samantha you have let me down. I know you don't means this, I will give you ten seconds to apologise."

Sam crossed her arms, before lifting up her t-shirt to show bruises in the shapes of hand marks, "this all stops now. I'm no longer embarrassed. I will no longer protect you from mum and dad. You harm me again and they will disown you. You hurt me, your only sister."

She quietened and her eyes lowered, heavy with tears threatening to drop, Haru moved to hug her but Oikawa placed a hand on her shoulder shaking his head.

Then as Sam's shoulders shook lightly her brother dropped to his knees, "I don't know what came over me. I'm so sorry," then as Sam reached out a hand for him to stand up he pulled her down into a hug, "I'm sorry my Angel."

But Sam was already flinching out of his arms, before she smiled slowly rubbing her eyes, "thank you Haru-chan, what will I do without you."

Haru instantly scooped her into a hug and Kuroo and Oikawa went to walk away before Sam gripped their arms and pulled them into the hug as well.

***

The classroom was silent, pens scratching paper as most of the class desperately tried to revise. Sam sat crossed legged on her chair, a pen resting between her lips as she frowned at the equation in front of her.

"Sam-kun," the blonde turned to find her lips a bit too close to Kuroo's, who smirked at her shock, "you are purrfect."

Oikawa groaned, rolling his eyes and smirked at Sam's similar reaction.

"Sam-chan, how did it feel when you fell from heaven?"

Sam looked at Oikawa in disbelief, "that's a bit weird Tooru-kun,

also why are you two being so creepy?"

"I like you!" Oikawa and Kuroo shouted at the same time before groaning at sounding like mimics

"I like you too!" Sam smiled and they both knew she might be clever and instinctive but a pure noob at relationships.

Suga and Daichi were laughing as they sat next to Sam, before turning to each other and imitating the other two captains, "I like youuuu!"

Sam was also laughing along slightly unsure why the captains had decided to only tell her now that they liked her, maybe it was because they were leaving in a few weeks? Or maybe it was something to do with the lecture Haru had gave her recently that she'd opted to ignore and think about spiking instead.

Sam didn't particularly mind, she smiled knowing that for now everything was going well, her parents had contacted her saying they would be coming to the school fair held after exams.

Furthermore all the boys had improved so much she was filled with pride, they had been the cog to connect all the pieces she needed to make changes in her life.

4/08/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

Notes: Kuroo or Oikawa?

This book had not been romantic this far and I apologise however I love the friendship found in the haikyuu universe and had to write about it.

But that aside (include reasons!)

Kuroo x Sam

or

Oikawa x Sam ?