HQ C.21: Night Life

Summary: only the moon could testify exactly what happened that night.

Notes: you have no idea how hard i'm trying not to prolong any angst.

(More Notes At The End of The Chapter)

"What the hell," Tanaka's pushed his chair back with such force the legs scraped against the floor, but the sound was easily lost in the general noise of the restaurant. Nishinoya was soon standing and the rest of Karasuno seemed ready to pounce on the male. However Haru quickly pulled both Tanaka and Nishinoya down, so they were once again seated.

"Please don't make a scene." Her hands were fiddling with her napkin and her eyes darted around trying not to make eye contact with anyone.

"Haru-chan, Angel-chan is upset how can we not help," Hinata tilted his head slightly not completely believing his ears, "this man made her loose a feather."

"Dumbass Hinata what are you on about, losing a feather?" Kageyama instantly butted in before glancing over at Angel where he too could suddenly see what looked like a feather flutter as her shoulders slouched further.

"Whatever you claimed to have seen Shou-kun, we cannot interfere." The boys' heads all whipped around to face the brunette in suprise, "That's Angel's brother."

They began to protest, family or not if they were among a friend look like they were about to cry they should pay. But Haru stood by her rule of no interference although it obviously pained her to install it.

The team finished their food in silence, eyebrows creased and eyes constantly flicking to the table where there coach sat.

It was if by seeing Angel in this state the boys had realised just how much they had taken her constant smiles, carefree attitude and howls of laughter for granted and now they wondered if they would ever see the light return to her eyes.

The plates were soon left with little trace that food had ever been on them, drink were emptied and the bill was payed. But the boys had yet to let go of the idea of saving the blonde.

"What if we ran over, picked her up and ran away?"

"We could text her saying Hinata broke his arm?"

"Let's just go over to the table, tell her brother he's awful and leave with Angel."

"Or we could not do any of those and let Angel run her own life."

"But that's no fun," Tanaka groaned.

"True, however we're taking into account the fact that Angel has no idea we're here and are respecting her right to a life outside of coaching a bunch of crows."

There was a certain amount of sharpness behind Haru's words and the boys realised it was hurting her more than it was hurting them. So slowly they picked up their jackets and scarves and left the restaurant.

Angel, who had been seated facing away from the boys was completely oblivious to the commotion that had almost occurred and yet her brother had witnessed the entire scene.

"So you're coaching volleyball?"

"I have been given a boys team to look after, yes."

"Your sister would have been good at that."

***

The sky was dark when I finally left the restaurant, a gust of wind swept through the street and I cursed myself for not being any gloves or a scarf.

I quickly accustomed to the weather and continued my brisk walk back to the school.

Upon finally reaching the country roads, I risked a glance at the sky. The moon looked so lonely, the black scene void of its usual splattering is stars. I continued to walk, placing a hand to my ear and pulling out the hearing aid and then the other and finally enjoying the silence I had grown up with.

''I wish you were more like your sister.'

The sun made the black woollen dress I had been forced into even more unbearable. A kiss on the cheek from a pair of wrinkled lips and multiple hands ruffling my hair and words that still haunted me to this day.

I gagged, hands pressed against my lips as I tried to push back the memories, that had been triggered from a meeting with my brother.

I couldn't go home, he would be waiting with this massive smirk playing on his lips. So I walked to the boys' dormitory, slowly unlocking the door and creeping up the stairs and towards Haru's room.

The door creaked open and after shutting it I pulled open her wardrobe, shrugging off my clothes and pulling on a pair of my gym clothes I stored in her room for situations like this.

When the need for my best friend was stronger then the need to breath.

The light was dim in the room and I had to feel my way to her futon, finally reaching it I pulled back the cover and crawled in. Slowly I settled against her back, her hair had been swept across her broad shoulder, her large broad shoulder?

I shook my head slightly to myself, I was exhausted and as I began to close my eyes, she turned. However in the dim lighting I could tell that it was not Haru. Haru did not have short hair, and Haru was most definitely not a boy.

I jumped back and without fully realising screamed. Usually I would have dealt with the intruder myself but I was too emotionally exhausted to, so I screamed.

However the problem with my screams was that I had no idea if anyone could hear me, so I was forced to scream as loud as I thought i could without breaking my vocal chords.

When I had finished, my breath quickened as I felt hands land on my shoulders and my vision blurred and sharpened before dots appeared.

The light turned on in the corridor and the door slammed open.

20/02/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow/Fan

Notes: hides because I left another cliff hanger, in all honesty this story kinda writes itself so I'm sorry ;-;;