HQ C.24: Battle of The Trash Heap

Summary: Crows vs. Cats

Notes: more comments, the faster the updates ;)

The stands were filled with cheering and the noise was almost deafening, Fukurodani and Aoba Jousai watching as well as a lot of pupils from the school interested to see how the finals were shaping up.

Angel sat on the stool watching the match, her hearing aids were in although she would have preferred to play without them but for the boys she would do anything to make them feel safer, "One touch!"

Their calls echoed across the gym as Kuroo blasted a spike through to be received by Hinata of all people, Kenma watched eyes widening slightly before he tilted his head slightly towards Lev, "Eh? Shou-chan has really showed you up, Lev. You can barely receive a normal spike yet alone one of Kuroo's."

Lev grumbled about hand-eye coordination but was anticipating the rotation where he would face the strongest decoy, Karasuno soon had scored another point and Nekoma glanced Oberon to their coach who smiled encouragingly with her thumbs up.

Karasuno however had had a pre-final ritual with Angel, that consisted of coffee and sweets consummation and blasting pop music for the boys to dance to, to deter the nerves. The score was currently 20-18 to Karasuno and Angel had barely had a moment of both silence since lunch when she had placed in her hearing aid to warm back up to the background noise that everyone was so accustomed to but took her a bit of time to filter through and become accustomed to.

Soon an eruption of celebration blasts ugh rough the gym and Angel flinched slightly at the sound, Haru, who was sitting next to her, spoke lightly, "you need to talk those boys down a bit. They're too hyper." Angel nodded in agreement having noticed the fact but preferred them being pumped to deflated.

The boys all ran and jumped toward the blonde, Hinata enveloping her in a hug, "Angel-chan! All my spikes went through! And did you see me receive Kuroo's ball?"

Angel nodded becoming infected by the boys' happiness and adrenaline, "You guys are amazing! You have put to use nearly everything I've taught you and that we have polished. To mix things up, Suga is going in and swapping with Hinata. Tobio-chan, Tanaka can hit your quicks at a third of the speed and the others more or less the same. Do not change the pace because Chibi-chan is missing."

Kageyama nodded in agreement and wiped his forehead with a towel before Suga placed an arm around his shoulder quickly going through a new tactic.

On the other side of the court, Nekoma seemed very calm for a team that was one set down out of three. However, they had been watching and analysing and were all aware that the crows were too excited and would be easy to beat in the second set. Kenma sat next to Kuroo on the bench watching Kageyama converse with Tanaka and Tsukishima, nudging Kuroo lightly in the side he pointed to the raven haired setter, "Kageyama will be using Tanaka and Tsukishima more this set, probably because Hinata is sitting this set in."

Kuroo smirked slightly, "that means those two setters have something planned." Kenma nodded before leaning his head on Kuroo, who tensed upon seeing her wave at Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Bokuto and Akaashi in the stands with Hinata's arms wrapped around her waist.

"Kuroo, calm down. A brain can't work if the muscles are too tense and hindering the blood flowing to it," this caught Kuroo's attention as he dragged his gaze away from the blonde and towards his setter.

The setter who was known for disliking their chant as he found it embarrassing and yet he must have figure how annoyed Kuroo was if he was saying something like that. Kuroo smiled to himself, his team really did look out for him.

"Nekoma let's take these next two sets!"

"Karasuno, show everyone why a flock of crows is called a murder."

The boys filed back onto the court, cracking their knuckles and stretching legs. They were ready to continue their destined battle. The whistle was blown and the battle restarted.

"Dude, that block just now was wicked." Kuroo had just been blocked by Tsukishima who merely shrugged slightly, before replying.

"Thanks, you spike could have easily broken one of my fingers though." Kuroo grinned and got ready for the next serve, meanwhile Kageyama who had been standing next to Tsukishima grumbled under his breath, "please stop pumping up the opponents."

Tsukishima merely turned his head slightly towards the setter and smiled sickly before going back to position to block.

The ball rallied between the two teams for nearly every point, but eventually Nekoma managed to get a few points ahead of Karasuno and the second set was taken by the cats.

Meanwhile, Hinata had wedged himself in front of Angel who played with his hair. Ginger tufts sticking up,in all directions before she pulled out one of Asahi's spare hair bands and placed it on the decoy's head to help with the hair that was constantly being brushed away.

Hinata instantly jumped up and started running around asking if he looked like an ace. Angel smiled to herself glancing at the score, realising they would lose and figuring out the new team.

The match finished and Karasuno walked back to Angel their heads low, but she stood there hands on hips beaming. "I'm playing in this match, as is their coach," she continued speaking to them about the game plan before pulling Hinata to one side, "You may not notice but you have the qualities of an ace. Everyone feels safer when you play and seem laid back and excited, it makes the whole team relax. Remember this and know that not only I am but your whole team are counting on you."

Hinata beamed and skipped back to the team, his sunshine attitude instantly riled Kageyama up and they started squabbling. Angel walked back to the team and placing a hand on both setter's shoulders she explained that she would be subbing them both out and so they should watch and take any techniques form her style.

Kageyama and Sugawara nodded, eager to watch a legend play. Angel smiled brightly before sitting on the floor and stretching her legs and arms. Then as she jumped back up she signalled to Daichi that the team was ready to go.

29/02/16 (!!)

  Vote/Comment/Share/Follow/Fan

Notes: i still dont know who the love interest is or whether or not there will even be one,,, ;-;;