HQ C.9: Suprise

Summary: 'I was sure this surprise would encourage them to train even harder.'

Notes: thank you for all the reads and your comments!! They have honestly encouraged me to update more.

Cold water splashed against my ankles as I watched the boys complete their laps that I had set them. Stamina training was something that my team needed, as facing more challenging matches they would need to be able to continue to jump and keep up with the ball, until the very end.

Swimming had always been a favourite sport and there would be an increase in both arm and leg strength as we continued to do our monthly swim training.

I had been training the boys for three months now, they had all taken to both the training and school work cleanly, apart from a certain four. But they were currently being tutored by me and Haru.

A slimy, wet hand gripped my ankle and I looked down in surprise, "Sam-chan, my eyes are stinging and my fingers have gone all wrinkled." Strands of orange hair peeked out of a black swim cap as I looked at Hinata's bloodshot eyes and then at the clock.

"You've been going for almost two hours, ten more minutes and then we have a surprise for all of you, his honey toned eyes sparkled in excitement and I grinned back. I was sure this surprise would encourage them to train even harder.

Once he had gone back to swimming I picked up my phone to FaceTime Haru, it rang twice and then I saw her annoyed face.

-- POV CHANGE --

An annoying tune pierced the gym, as if playing through a speaker and the practice match came to an immediate pause as the team looked at their coach.

Haru sighed hard and answered the call lifting the phone so Sam could see her lips, "what do you want Angel? I'm in the middle of practice."

"The surprise is in half an hour, tell the other coaches please!"

With that the screen went black and the line cut off, sighing heavily Haru looked up to see all eyes on her.

"There's a surprise?" Iwazumi questioned slowly before Oikawa having placed both hands on his shoulders jumped up in the air,
"please tell me it's food! I'm starving."

"Right training's over, go change and once finished go to the dining room."

The boys packed up the equipment as fast as humanly possible, the idea of a surprise on their minds.

- - -

The dining room was packed and in front of each team's table was a large box, or two or three. They were about 2 metres tall and a meter wide and decorated with the different school colours.

Sam stood at the front, in front of a buffet created especially for the teams as a three month celebration of sorts.

"This event is a celebration for all your hard work and an encouragement to continue working even harder! Each time may produce one member to unwrap the presents! You have 10 seconds to decide."

"10"

Akaashi instantly called a vote for the team as Bokuto was too busy staring dreamily at the boxes to help choose the vote was unanimous.

"9"

To save themselves and everyone else from a depressed Bokuto, Fukurodani nominated their ace.