ErwinxReader -

Because Chapter 51

-------------

The horrors she seen and faced. It was all imprinted into her mind, taunting her to relive it over and over again. She wanted to scream, hiding somewhere to make it all go away. A lot of lives were lost, and taken away from her. People she cared about and loved. They were all gone. But only one thing scared her to the most.

A hand on her shoulder made her wake suddenly, sitting up. Pixis sat across from her, and she blinked. Levi was staring at her, as well as Connie and Hanji. Water rolled down her cheeks, and she realized she was crying, so she hurriedly wiped them away. The sheets below her moved and her eyes swept along to stare at the man beneath them.

Before she knew it, she was crying again, jumping at Erwin and wrapping her arms around his waist. If only there was something she could have done. If she could have avoided that happening. A hand gently fell upon her head and she looked up, seeing him staring down at her, holding his left hand against her cheek, to which she pressed against it. "I'm sorry."

A moment passed as she cried into his stomach, unable to calm herself. Chairs screeched as they moved across the floor and she flinched, eyes widening. Footsteps soon followed after as well as the close of the door. 

"______, don't blame yourself for this." Erwin's saddened blue eyes moved down to the wound he received. The sight of the bandaged stump made her heart twist in agony. "Don't cry for me."

(Name) gazed up at him through the flood of tears clouding her eyes. Why was he saying such things? "But Erwin, I wasn't able to help you. I froze; I couldn't think anymore. I thought I was going to lose you, and that is the nightmare I hope will never come true." She sat up, and climbed onto the bed, holding his hand, rubbing the cracked and dry skin of his fingers.

Erwin tore his hand from her and snaked it behind her head, pushing her forward. As their lips pressed together an electric shock hit her and she could no longer shed tears. He was there, and he didn't change one bit. She feared the state he'd be in, but she was assured he was fine.

As they parted, he smiled. "Thank you."

"You can thank me after you get rid of that beard. I mean, I like it, but I'm not used to it." She chuckled softly, keeping her voice down. She ran her fingers over his jaw line, sighing. 

The Commander raised an eyebrow, holding her against his chest. "Really? I sort of like it."