ErwinxReader - My Soldier

CHAPTER 49 SPOILERS

---------

(Name) hurried into the office, panic in her eyes and her chest heaving like she had been running. Pushing the doors open, she looked around until her eyes laid on a man seated on a bench, facing to the side, out a window. 

He seemed fine, like nothing had happened, but the way he was acting, she knew. Stepping closer, she scanned him for any injuries. She had been told he was hurt badly, but he gave no sign of being in pain or having any wounds. Slowly, his head turned towards her, his eyes looking up and meeting her gaze. 

"Erwin...?" She whispered and walked towards, only to stop short when he twisted in his seat, and his right side was visible. Where his arm should have been was only a stump. Her eyes widened and her hand dropped to her side. His saddening eyes lowered and he turned his head. 

"I don't want you to see me like this. Who told you?" His voice was low, and his hand clenched into a fist. 

She shook her head walking to him. "Don't say that, please. It doesn't matter who told me." She dropped down in front of him, mostly from weak knees. She crawled between his legs and rested her head on his thigh. Taking his hand, she kissed it, tangling her fingers with his. "I'm just happy you are alive."

Erwin gave a small uneasy smile and caressed her hand with his thumb. Tears escaped from her eyes and she squeezed them shout, nuzzling his hand. "______, I'm glad you stayed back. I lost a lot of people out there." 

She nodded, straightening up and wrapping her arms around his neck. He leaned down to meet her lips, his hand cupping her cheek. "I don't know what I would have done if I lost you. Please don't leave again. Just stay here with me."

He planted a soft kiss on her lips and smiled. "No matter what happens, I'll always come back to you."