MarcoxReader - My Fair Lady

Marco grumbled under his breath, hands stuffed in his pockets. He had just stolen something from a shop, but he wasn't satisfied with it, wanting more. As he walked through the woods, he came across a strange trail of flowers, scattered around the area. Tilting his head, he looked around, but there weren't any people around nor were there any buildings.

Stepping closer, he felt the plant covered wall and his eyes widened as his hand went through. Chuckling, he slipped through, feeling in front of him until he saw the opening, which led out to a wide area.

A large waterfall at the end rushed, ending in a pool at the bottom. But what caught his attention the most was a extremely tall tower that was beautifully constructed. Hurrying towards it in awe, Marco leaned his head back in order to take a look at the window high above.

"Hello?!" He called as loud as he could, curious to see if anyone was up there. After a moment, the wooden doors flew open and the head of a young girl appeared. Long strands of her (h/c) hair hanging down. His eyes grew wide at her beauty, even though she was so far away. She squeaked loudly and went back inside, the doors slamming shut.

Sighing, he cracked his fingers and began climbing the tower, making sure he didn't look down. Reaching to the top, covered in sweat, he ripped open the doors and pulled himself inside. "How rude." Taking deep breaths, he looked around from where he laid and gaped at the painted walls and ceiling. "Wow..." He breathed and sat up, pushing himself to stand. Spinning around slowly, he admired every detail that was put into the paintings.

"What is it you want?"

Marco turned quickly, the same girl he had seen earlier standing before him, armed with a frying pan. He held his arms up in front of him, but his full attention was on her. She was even more beautiful then when he first saw her, and he smiled. "I don't want any trouble. What's your name?"

She froze for a minute, watching him and then tilted her head. "______. And who might you be? Intruding in my home."

He stuck his hand out, but pulled it back when she flinched. "Marco Bodt. Do you live here alone?" He didn't mean to push his luck anymore, but he was really curious as to why such beautiful girl was in a tower like this. Then he noticed her hair, and he almost lost his breath. "How long have you been up here?!" He walked around, trying to find the end of her hair, but was shocked at the length.

"I've been here since I was a baby. I'm sorry my hair is so long. If you don't like it, get out of here."

Marco shook his head, smiling brightly. "And what if I like it?" Her eyes widened and her cheeks flushed deeply. Turning away from him, she lowered her arms in front of her. "______, let me take you out of here. I'm sure you'd like to at least see the outside world."

(Name) fiercely shook her head, stepping back. "I-I can't. I'm not allowed to. The point of me being in this tower is to keep me away from the outside world. I'd be in a lot of trouble if I left."

"What about the flowers scattered around?"

She gasped and grabbed him by his shirt. "Please don't tell anyone. That's as far as I have gotten! I'm too afraid to go any farther than that."

Marco chuckled and patted her head. Grabbing her hand, he pulled her to the window. "Don't worry, I won't tell. And I can have you back here if you don't feel like you want to anymore." He smiled and she nodded, cheeks still a cute pink.

"Hold on, Marco." She wrapped her hair around a hook in front of them and wrapped her arm around his waist. He didn't know what else to do besides listen and hold on to her. Taking a deep breath, she pulled him along as they fell, sliding down the length of her hair, the only thing that would save their life. Only moments before touching the ground did she stop them and then let go.

Marco's feet touched the ground and he smiled, raising an eyebrow in amusement. "You seem to be a professional at that."

She laughed and rolled her (e/c) eyes. "I did tell you I've left that tower before, right?"

"Well let's go explore now. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself very much." He took hold of her hand and led her back to where he first encountered the area that was hidden. She giggled behind him, trying not to trip in her dress.

"Marco, thank you." He stopped and turned around, tilting his head. "Thank you for bringing me out here. It's sad when you are alone, but now that I have you, it's so much more fun!"

He leaned forward suddenly and kissed her lips lightly. Pulling back, his eyes met hers and he frowned. "I'm so sorry. But know, that if you have to go back to that tower, I will come to see you. And one day, I will take you away from there."

(Name)'s hand laid against her chest and she blinked. "How about you take me away now. I don't want to go back, I want to stay with you. Please Marco, don't make me go back there. I'm so lonely."

Marco nodded and gripped tightly to her hand. "I'll make sure you are never lonely again." He kissed her forehead and vowed that when they found somewhere to go, he'd cut her hair and marry her.