"Kitchen." I followed Jake, who sat himself in the corner atop the counter. "Did you get some sleep, Rye?" Dad asked. I nodded, but he didn't look convinced. "We need to have a discussion; a family discussion."

I looked over at Jake, who just glared at me. "Um, let me walk Jake out and then we can talk."

Jake followed me without question to the front door but he stopped me when my hand was on the knob. "I'll just sit in your room and wait," he said.

"You heard my dad, Jake. He wants to talk about something."

"Annie, you need a little more sleep," he said, keeping his foot against the door. I pulled but unless I wanted to hurt him, I couldn't open the door. "I'll sit upstairs away from everything and then we'll head back to my place. You can sleep the rest of the week." I laughed but shook my head.

"Jake, I need to help my dad with stuff here. I'll see you tomorrow morning for school."

He sighed and I knew I had won. He pulled his foot away from the door and let me open it. "I'll see you in the morning," he whispered before he pulled me against his chest. I nodded against his shirt and pushed him out the door. "Tomorrow," he affirmed.

"Anything new going on with you and Jake?" Dad asked.

I laughed at my father. "No; Jake's just being his normal over protective self. He'll get over it when things get better for Bella," I said, taking a chair across the table from my father.

"That's what I want to talk to you about, Rye. Your sister, she's not doing much better." I knew that. I was the one that sat in her room Sunday through Friday and listened to her scream.

"I think maybe she should go and live with Renee," Dad whispered. Bella go live with Mom? Mom was crazy, in the best kind of way, but crazy nonetheless. Bella was having a hard enough time living with me and Dad; we were about as low key as people came.

"Dad, I don't know if that's the best idea," I whispered.

"Ryanne, Bella needs to be somewhere she feels comfortable and it doesn't look like she feels comfortable here. Besides that, look at yourself, Rye. You don't sleep, you barely eat; I'm worried. You spend so much time taking care of me and your sister that you're not taking care of yourself. I'm going to talk to Bella about moving in with Renee."

"I won't do it." Bella's quiet voice startled both of us. "I don't want to leave. I want to stay here."

"Bells, nothing is helping you here," Dad said. "You-I-I can't ask the people who care about you to keep watching this. You're barely human any more Bella."

Bella looked like she was about to sob. "I'll get better Charlie, I swear." There she goes with the Charlie thing again. I knew she was hurting but Dad deserved more than Bella was giving him. "I'll get better. I'll hang out with my friends from school. Ryanne and I will even go shopping and see a movie tonight."

I looked over at her startled. I didn't want to go see a movie. And I hated shopping. "Please don't make me leave, Charlie. I want to stay here." She had tears in her eyes and I knew then that Dad wouldn't make her leave.

"You have to show me that you are making an effort, Bella. If you don't, I'll send you back to your mom's." Bella nodded.

"I will. Ryanne won't mind going out with me tonight, right Rye?" I looked at her like she had grown a third head. Oh yeah, I was well beyond the second head. I hate shopping. I'm not the biggest fan of Port Angeles either. Still, I could see the hope in my dad's eyes.

"Yeah, sounds great; I'm sure there's something interesting out in theaters," I said quietly.

"I'll give you guys some money for shopping," Dad said, fishing his wallet out of his pants. "Some girl time will be good for you, Bells," Dad added. He glared at me when he said that and I knew what he meant. No Jake. I wasn't allowed to ask Jake to go with us.