Chapter Seven- Secrets

"Hey V?" Jake called from the kitchen.

Did I mention that whenever he calls me by that nickname it send shivers up my spine? Well I'll just tell you again. This boy did so much to me.

"Yeah Jake?"

"I was going to go pick up some Chinese for dinner, could you and Peyton go pick up a movie or something?" Jake asked.

"Uh sure, that's a good idea," I agreed. "What movie do you want us to go pick up?" I asked, walking over to the kitchen table to grab my keys.

"Whatever you'd like. It doesn't really matter to me."

"Okay, we'll be sure to pick up a really good chick flick then," I giggled, swinging the front door open.

"You do that!" He shouted as Peyton shut the door behind us.

Peyton and I are in love with watching chick flicks. They remind us of how pathetic our love lives truly are.

"We're seriously going to get a chick flick, right?" Peyton confirmed.

"Oh of course, he should've said no if he didn't want us to," I decided.

"True, he-", she paused glancing at the ground. "What's that?" Peyton was pointing to a pink balloon that was popped underneath the tree next to my car.

"That can't be from the paint war, that was over two weeks ago." I reminded her. "Wait Peyton, that has a paper on the end," I told her. "That has one of our secrets on it."

Today it was Jake's turn to choose something on his bucket list and he actually chose something that wasn't overly insane.

Write down a secret and tie it to the end of a balloon and let your secret fly away.

What if that was Jake's secret lying there right next to my car? I could read his secret.

"Open it!" Peyton exclaimed.

"I feel like I'd be invading the person's privacy," I said.

"For all you know it could just be yours," Peyton reminded me. I sighed, reconsidering her idea. It couldn't hurt, right? It's not like he'd ever know I read his secret if it did happen to be his. I know everything about him anyway. Don't I? But it would be invading his privacy and that would be so cruel.

The point of letting go our secrets was so that nobody would see them. It wasn't his fault his got popped by a tree branch. I shouldn't read it, but I can't just leave it lying there. What if it's mine and he decides to be sneaky and read it?

Maybe I should read it. Knowing my luck it probably is mine anyway.

"You're right," I decided, reaching down to pick up the popped rubber. "I know I'll feel guilty later , but I honestly know that I'll feel dumb later for not reading it."

I opened the slip of paper and went pale.

I'm in love with my best friend.

I immediately dropped the note and shrank to the ground.

"What? What does it say?" worry ringing in her voice.

I couldn't speak, I just handed her the noted and watched her read it.

"You don't-" she started. "You don't think he wrote this do you?"

"I don't know, I can't tell because, well because I of course wrote down the same exact thing," I confessed.

"What font did you use to type it?" she questioned.

"I don't remember, but I feel like it somehow wasn't that font. I don't know I'm probably making this up in my head."

"You might be, but it's possible you're not too," she reminded me.

"It can't be his," I decided, rising to my feet and struggling to open the driver's side door.

"Whatever you say," Peyton mumbled as she opened her door.

We sat there in silence the whole car ride to CVS, where we decided on two chick flicks to watch. I'm sure we were both thinking the same thing when I read that note.

Maybe it really was him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! So I am aware that was literally the shortest chapter I've written like ever, but I'm sadly running out of time and thought that the chapter didn't really need to be any longer to say what I was planning to say. If I were smart enough to start writing this more than a week before the deadline then there would probably be more detail, but I can't change the past. So yeah! Don't forget to vote:)

~Keeks02