Chapter 5

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

Mathematics was just like class in my old school: boring. It made me stifle yawns and was taught by a teacher with grey skin, grey hair and yellow teeth. Only this teacher was a witch instead of a human. He’d looked at me funnily the whole time, making me check if I had something stuck between my teeth every few minutes. I eventually convinced myself that wasn’t it, but I still couldn’t figure out why I required that kind of scrutiny.

“What’s up with the teacher?” I asked Simon after class. “He’s…”

“Weird?” he offered. “Don’t worry, it’s not you, that guy’s always been a bit off.”

“Ah, okay,” I replied, trying to shrug off the weird looks the witch had given me during class. “So… when do the fun lessons start? The ones where I get to learn about supes and vamp history?”

Simon checked my schedule. “You’ve got History after the first break. That should be the fun you mean.”

“You haven’t got History?” I asked. I didn’t like the idea of being all alone at once. Selfish maybe, but I also liked Simon. He was easygoing and kind of funny. No sweet fairy stuff or anything.

“No, I’ve got Science. But we’ve got Supernatural Basics together.” He laughed. “Doesn’t that sound exciting?”

It really did sound like a more fun subject – maybe I would actually enjoy today.

We entered the cafeteria and lined up to get something to eat. My mouth was watering from the smell of the wide variety of food. I piled everything I could find on my plate and found a table at the back. With a sigh, I put down my plate, dropped my bag and flopped down on a chair.

Simon was still standing, visibly asking himself if he was going to sit down or not. I decided to help him a bit.

“Please sit down,” I said kindly.

He smiled and took a seat. He brought his hands to his head and for the first time that day he pulled down his hood. His hair was light brown and unbelievably messy. He smiled shyly, looking really sweet all of a sudden. His bright brown eyes were looking at me, waiting. The dark light I’d seen around him earlier now looked a kind or grey, almost purple. I decided I liked him. Male fairy or not – he was cool.

“Hey, Demona.” Eve sat down next to me, Drew following her closely. “Had fun?”

I laughed. “Simon and I have to do a scene from Othello in front of the entire class tomorrow,” I told her. “And mathematics was…”

“Is depressing the word you’re looking for?” Simon offered. “Plain boring, maybe? Useless, meaningless, making you want to kill yourself?”

“All of the above,” I agreed, smiling at him.

When I looked back at Eve, I saw she and Drew were frowning at Simon. I could tell by the way they were looking at him that they didn’t approve – or at least didn’t understand – me talking to him and being all friendly with him. Well, too bad.