TSD 21: Time Flies

Start from the beginning

"Okay. Thank you." Ka'Miko nodded, wiping her face.

"Anything you need, we'll be here. That includes, money, food, clothes..whatever it is." His mother said, Ka'Miko could tell she was sincere. 

She gave his mother a hug before leaving and heading back home. She couldn't tell Pharaoh, she just wasn't ready to deal with it. When she got home she looked up apartments in other areas, a little bit further out while still remaining close enough. A beautiful 2 bedroom apartment popped up, it was far but the price was good, and as far as she could see it was decent. She made up her mind, and created her own plan; If she was going to have this baby, it was going to be on her terms and nobody elses because at the end of the day, it's her child. Something that she completely owned and no one could take that away from her. 

                                                                                  **

"Yo, you heard from Ka'Miko?" KJ asked. 

He knew she was about 3 months pregnant by now, she had gone missing. Last he heard, she quit her job and moved out of the apartment he had rented for her. He stopped paying due to the fact that when he showed up, it was as bare as when he first came. He was hurt by her actions, but he understood. He just hoped she didn't kill the baby or run away. But when he ran into Raymond at the mall, he was sure that he would know where she was at. Pharaoh had stopped concerning himself with her. He didn't care, after the last time he had made love to her and she just wrote it off as sex, he was done. 

"Yeah, she told me to tell you that she's okay..if I happened to run into you. She said, the baby is fine and please, don't tell Pharaoh." He told him with a shrug. 

He nodded.

"You got her new number?" He asked. 

"Of course, I do. That's my boo boo, but no you can't have it honey. She's got to approve." Raymond said with an attitude. 

"Text her now for me then." KJ kissed his teeth. 

He didn't understand why he was making it so damn complicated, if he just knew how to reach Ka'Miko he would be out. 

"Okaay, but I don't know, she might be busy right now, and I got things to do." Raymond popped his gum as he texted away. 

A few moments after his phone dinged and he rolled his eyes. 

"What'd she say?" KJ asked.

Raymond wrote down the number and passed it to him, "Have a good day, sir." 

"You too." KJ said with an attitude before walking out. 

He left the mall and sat in his car, he immediately called Ka'Miko without even starting the car up. It rang for a minute before she answered. 

"Hello." She said softly. 

"Where the fuck yo ass been?!" He yelled into the phone immediately.

He initially didn't plan on going off on her, but hearing her voice made him pissed. She was suppose to trust him, and he had to hunt down people just to get her number. 

"I've been around." She said plainly. 

"Don't play fucking games. I been looking for your ass. Why you ain't tell me you were gunna move?" He kissed his teeth.

"It was a vast decision, but I'm alright, KJ...I'm good. Everything's good. The baby's good. I'm just trying to get through this pregnancy without being stressed out, and I was in a stressful environment so I bounced." She explained.