Chapter Ten - Parental Guidelines

As Patty and Liz charged at them, Kid jumped back in surprise and astonishment.

"What the-?"

Liz chuckled.

"Shut your trap and fight us, Kid." Her voice held no emotion whatsoever; monotone.

Maka hopped out of his arms, as if on cue, and transformed into her weapon form, Kid catching her flawlessly.

Patty stared in jealousy.

"Onee-chan…? Why is her weapon form prettier than mine?" She growled.

Liz looked over at her.

"Patty, transform."

"You got it."

She transformed and landed in Liz's hand. She furrowed her eyebrows and began to shoot.

Kid cart wheeled out of the way, the tie he wore hanging loosely whenever he was upside down.

Only standing on one hand, he shot at Liz with Maka in his other.

"Liz! Why are you doing this! What happened to you two?"

She smiled and shot even faster, switching places with Patty in a blur.

"Kid, it's classified. Now stop with the questions, hold still, and allow us to shoot your heads off."

Kid shook his head, betrayal crossing over his features.

"I once called you two my friends. But now I can see that everything isn't how they seem."

He threw himself at them, his feet slamming into Patty's chest.

Patty screamed in pain, being thrown down the a few feet worth of steps.

Kid furrowed his eyebrows.

"Now…I guess you're my enemies."

He threw himself down towards her, and shot at her stomach.

Patty shrieked, enraged, and shot at Kid with Liz numerously.

Kid tried to dodge as best he can, but ended up getting hit a few times, causing him to get shot back upwards the Dwma building.

"Dammitt!"

He hit the top of the stairs, causing the ground around him to crack where he lay.

Maka gasped.

"Kid! Are you okay?"

He groaned slightly and slowly sat up, dust and gravel dropping to the concrete steps from his shoulders.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

He looked up to see Liz switching places with Patty, and he stood up.

"I suppose I helped them more than I should have…."

"Kid, they were your partners once too. It's not like you knew this would happen."

Liz jumped forward and aimed Patty at his face.

"You're going to die now. Nice seeing you again."

Kid clicked Maka and furrowed his eyebrows, aiming her at Liz's face in return.

"Not of you die first."

Liz's finger shook against the trigger, and then suddenly, she dropped Patty and clutched her head, groaning, and pretty soon, it turned into screaming.

"Ngh…AHHHH! Patty! Help me!"

Patty transformed into human form and quickly wrapped her arms around her big sister.