Chapter Two- The mission of Broken Dreams

“Maka, Soul,Black*Star, Tsubaki, your presences are needed in the Death Room.” Spirit announced at the classroom door, disturbing class.

They four stood up and headed to the Death Room, leaving their books and utensils behind.

“I wonder what this is about...”Soul yawned. “Being called even before class has started.”

“ME TOO! I MEAN, WHAT THE HELL, MAN?!” Black*Star yelled, obviously not a morning person.

Tsubaki giggled nervously and tried to calm him down.

“Hey,hey Black*Star...”

Maka just remained silent, her gaze to the ground as she walked.

Soul looked at her for a moment, and then at Tsubaki.

“Hey what happened to Kid? Maka is too chicken to tell me.”

Maka frowned and glared at him out of the corner of her eyes.

“Shut up Soul.” She mumbled, but nobody heard her.

Tsubaki gulped and whispered in his ear.

His eyes widened and he stared at her in surprise.

“Are you frickin’ kidding me?”

She shook her head.

Black*Star groaned angrily.

“It makes me want to go out and kill those damn meisters myself! Innocent souls or not!”

Tsubaki glared at him.

“Black*Star!”

Everything else was silent for a while, when they reached the Death Room and opened the doors.

Lord Death cleared his throat and clapped his ginormous hands together.

“Hey there hi there ho there children! The reason why i called you down here is because i have a very important mission for you!”

They nodded, agreeing to go on the mission.

“You have to kill a witch together.” He added.

“Who gets the soul once it’s over?” Maka asked.

Lord Death thought for a moment.

“You still haven’t collected 99 kishin souls yet, so i suppose it’ll have to come to me for safe keeping.”

Soul stepped forward.

“Why do we have to kill this witch anyway?” He shoved his hands into his coat pockets.

“Because she’s a hazard to Death City. You may begin your mission. Good luck!”

They all ran out of DWMA together and traveled to the most far end of Death city, where the witch claimed her last victim recently.

Maka held Soul in weapon form over her shoulder and looked around the forest they were now standing in.

“You sense anything, Soul?”

“Not yet, Maka.”

Black*Star jumped from tree to tree with Tsubaki in chain-sickle form, and looked around himself.

“There’s no one here!”

“Shh! Be quiet, Black*Star!”

Maka began to venture deeper into the forest, her eyes narrowed so she can look for the witch’s soul. 

She heard Black*Star and Tsubaki scream and gasped, running towards them by her sense of sound.

“Maka?! what’s going on?!”Soul yelled.