Chapter Seven- And so it Begins

As soon as they got home, Kid laid Maka on her bed and went downstairs into the living room. He sat on the couch and undid his tie, closing his eyes with a sigh.

"What a day…" He opened his eyes and got off the couch, heading to the kitchen to get him something to eat. He made himself a sandwich and returned to his seat on the couch.

Kid was about to take a bite out of his small meal, when he heard Maka shriek upstairs.

.:-oOo-:.

After Kid had laid her down and went downstairs, Maka opened her eyes and curled up in the bed sheets. She smiled, took one of her pillows, and hugged it close to her. She felt like she can admit it to herself now. And she felt that she can no longer deny her feelings.

She loved Death the Kid.

She closed her eyes again and when she reopened them; she saw a familiar face in the window. Maka paled and her eyes went wide.

It was the witch who had killed her friends.

So she screamed.

Kid ran up the stairs as fast as he could, his heart racing frantically against his ribcage.

He ran through the door of her room in a blur, slamming it open hard enough to cause it some damage.

Maka pulled her bedsheets around herself protectively and began to shake.

"Kiddo- Kun….Look in the window…."

He slowly turned to see…. And that's when his sight flashed white, and he began to see something.

"Chelsea…" A feminine voice spoke from the shadows of an alley.

A witch with long red hair and bright green eyes looked up at the shadows from where she sat on her knees, rain dripping down from the brim of her pointy hat.

"Yes, mistress…?"

The light flashed out when he heard the witch crash through the window and into Maka's room. Maka quickly hopped out of bed, standing at Kid's side.

He looked over at her.

"Maka."

She nodded and transformed wordlessly into her weapon form, landing in Kid's hands with ease.

He glared at the witch, who stood up from the floor with a wide smile.

"Hello cutie. I shall kill you and eat your souls now."

Kid grit his teeth together in anger.

"You bitch!" He screamed at her in rage.

She giggled and spun towards him, wrapping her hands around his throat.

"I can kill you here right now, but I want to play some fun games with you first…"

Kid shot his guns at her chest, and she dodged them with ease, spinning around him until she was behind him.

She leaned forward and whispered into his ear.

"Surprise…"

Before she can manage an attack, he spun in a blur, snaking his leg out, kicking her out of the room, and down the stairs.

Maka smiled, feeling a tad more confident.

"Nice one Kid."

He smirked.

"Thanks Maka."

He ran out of the room and hopped over the railing of the stairs, landing on top of the witch who was still falling.